Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've got an issue and it isn't just one phone. We have 10 VVX 400 phones and when the sunlight shines in the window directly on them the screen starts to go haywire, flipping through the last dialed page and the main page.

We found that if you cover the line key with something it stops doing it.

Anyone else having this and any solutions for this besides getting rid of the sunlight? It is a constant arguement over closing the blinds because the people near the windows are having this issue.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Here's a video

HP Recommended

Hello swagoner,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We need to investigate this so please raise this directly with your Polycom reseller so we can get this looked at with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
We actually RMA'd the first one as we thought it was a hardware issue. Turns out it isn't just the one phone. They were unable to duplicate at the time - further testing on our end showed it being related to sunlight.
HP Recommended

Hello swagoner,

A RMA will not be sufficient as the support engineers would need to look at the hardware and get the relevant team to investigate the root cause and see if this affects a certain batch of manufactured units.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

I am the reseller and the first unit in question was returned to us. It was recently returned to Polycom as part of an RMA. If I provide that RMA number will someone be able to investigate this issue?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello telephonydepot,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I doubt it as the RMA process is different and returns the units back to manufacturing and it is hard to find an individual unit once it is this system.

The best idea is to check with our support team and make them aware of this post and drop my name and possibly they can intercept the unit.

In any case they can work with yourself to get this escalated via the correct channels and get it the attention it requires.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.