Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am configuring Call Park / Unpark on VVX400/410 extension keys.  I am trying to achieve what is called Valet Parking.  I have followed Polycom's "Engineering Advisory 62475 - Using Statically Configured Busy Lamp Field".  Details of my configuration are:

• UC Software Release 5.2.0
  • FreePBX (12.0.36), Asterisk (11.15.0)
  • I am using the default FreePBX parking lot (70) with slots 71 – 74.
  • For each parking slot I have the following in the phones .cfg files:
  • resourceList.10.address=sip:71@192.168.106.254
  • resourceList.10.label="Park 71"
  • resourceList.10.type="automata"
  • repeat above for each slot

I have run into two problems that I can’t resolve:

1. Can’t unpark a parked call with the line key. For example:

a. The user has an active call.
b. User parks call by pressing “Park 71” key.
c. Call is moved to parking slot 71, BLF next to “Park 71” key illuminates and, red dot appears on “Park 71” icon.
d. Any user that attempts to retrieve the parked call by pressing the illuminated “Park 71” key receives dial tone and the parked call is unaffected.

Some notes:

• I am also evaluating some Cisco phones and this single key “Valet Parking” works fine. So I don’t think this is an Asterisk limitation or configuration problem.
  • The parked call can be retrieved by dialing 71, or *271.
  • Strange Asterisk Restart Behavior: If Asterisk is restarted Valet Parking works!  Parked calls can be unparked using the “Park XX” key until the VVX is rebooted (or does its periodic config update).  The BLF does not illuminate during this period.
  • FreePBX support worked on this (by SSH) for an hour with no luck. Basically found that the VVX was not sending any SIP requests during the un park key press.    He spent most of the hour trying various VVX config changes with no effect.

I will attach a packet capture of steps 1a-d above for reference.

1. If a user parks a call in a taken slot (BLF already illuminated). The active call is dropped (not acceptable).  How can this behavior be changed to something like placing the active call on hold?

This evaluation VVX 400 was purchaced from Newegg (I have not been able to get support from them or their supplier).

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Mark

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Any suggestions (config settings, alternate methods, ...) would be welcome.

HP Recommended

Hello MAA,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If this is an urgent issue please raise this via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks for the reply.  I have contacted my suppliers tech support group.  They are in the process of reviewing my configuration files.  I am waiting to hear from them.

While trying various configuration changes I made a discovery that might be helpful in resolving this valet parking key problem.

In my initial post I mentioned that the single line key park / unpark would work on the VVX 400 after an Asterisk reboot.  However there would be no BLF indication on that parking slot line key.  As soon as the VVX was re started or refreshed the unpark function would fail again but BLF would work.

I have found that if I turn off the parking lot BLFs ("BLF Capabilities" in FreePBX GUI) then the single line key park / unpark works permanently - minus BLF of course.

So - It appears that the BLF function interferes with call pickup on the VVX 400.

If any one knows why this might be the case please reply.

Thanks,

Mark

HP Recommended

did you ever find a solution?

HP Recommended

dandenson,

The short answer is NO.

The best I was able to do was create a Polycom "Buddy"  for each parking slot.  Then program each  parking lot buddy to a BLF.  I can now pick up (but not park) a parked call by pressing that buddy BLF.  This is not an acceptable solution.  Requires two keys per parking slot (one parks and the other picks up).  It's also confusing to staff.

Besides reviewing my configuration (and finding no errors),  my Polycom suppliers (the company that supports the Newegg supplier) were unwilling to do additional work or escalate to Polycom.  They feel the problemis probabily due to an incompatibility with Asterisk.  This is diappointing as other phones (Cisco/Linksys and Grandstream can be easily be configured for single key park / unpark).

After evaluation, I ended up selecting the GS GXP2160.  Not as many config options and a paper label but very easy to configure.  I have been trialing these phones  in the office for two months now.  Outgoing calls mostly, 3 phones and 2 users.  No issues found.  I will be switching over all phones in late June.

HP Recommended

Hello MAA,

checking the MAC address of your attached trace I see that the reseller for this unit back in September 2013 was COMMLOGIK. I can also see that you raised multiple service tickets directly with Polycom and have been asked to work with COMMLOGIK.

They are your Tier 1 support contact and only they can raise a ticket on your behalf with us.

Maybe posting a working trace of another phone and a non working Polycom phone (both including the phone in question booting up) with a park and unpark would provide more details.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello all,

A single Key is currently not possible but have a look at the new VoIP FAQ post here:

Jun 29, 2015 Question:How can setup a Call Park Feature using an Asterisk Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The rest of the comments are still valid. 

If anyone requires a single key solution like other VoIP Phone hardware manufacturers then please raise a feature request providing a business case via your Polycom reseller.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

SteffenBaierUK, I suspect this feature has been requested by others.  Is there a resource where we can see features that have been approved and denied?

HP Recommended

Hello dandenson,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

End Users do not have insight into this and to my knowledge nobody has requested this yet or this feature has not yet met the requirements needed to justify a change in our current software.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.