Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to use some XML browser applications that were developed for the VVX 500/1500 on a VVX 300/400.  The page displays ok, but I can't seem to find any way to select the page links.  All of the documentation I can find for the browser support does not reference these models.  Can someone tell me how to enable browser navigation in a VVX 400 or point me to the correct manual? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Sdolloff

The admin guide page 479 shows the settings for the browser.

What software version are you running? What PBX are you using?  Have you tried the following in the phone config?:

<mb>
    <mb.main.home mb.main.home="http://xxxxxxxx" />
    <mb.main.idleTimeout mb.main.idleTimeout="refresh rate in seconds" />
  <mb/>

Cheers

Dave

HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

what sdolloff is after is utilizing links embedded within an displayed microbrowser page.

I am not aware if sdolloff already is utilizing the latest SDK examples that are provided

<removed by a moderator as we no longer develop the SDK>

Please ensure that currently used Software versions are included in any follow up post.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have same problem, on VVX300 i can not use navigation keys left/right/up/down to select  links. I must use tab softkeys, it is very user unfriendly. It works ok on IP331,IP335, IP650,IP5000,IP7000 but crappy on new VVX 😞 

HP Recommended

Hello Frenk,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Problem is on VVX300 and VVX400 both running FW version 5.4.0.5841

HP Recommended

Hello all,

The Tabulator Soft Keys shown below are used to navigate inside a Web Page:

If the above is not the desired functionality please work with your Polycom Sales Engineer or work with your Polycom reseller to request this as an enhancement.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I know about tab softkeys, but why i cant use hardware navigation keys as on IPxxx models?  This is a big degradation of browser behavior on VVX. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.