Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I had VVX phones registered with CUCM and i set the SNTP to CUCM. the phone gets the time from the CUCM but without the GMT offset. i tried to add the GMT offset on the phone but it seems that it igonrs it.

i created a sip.cfg file with the following, but i need to check before applying it that it will only affect the time settings on the phone and all other settings will not be affected.

also i need to confirm that these settings will fix the problem.

the GMT offset is: GMT +3

the daylight saving is disabled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF=8" standalone="yes"?>

<localcfg>
  <SIP>
        <SNTP tcpIpApp.sntp.resyncPeriod="600"
            tcpIpApp.sntp.address="172.16.1.10" tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="1"
            tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="10800" tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideDHCP="1"
            tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0"
            tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="3" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="28"
            tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.time="2" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek="1"
            tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0"
            tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.month="9" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.date="23"
            tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.time="2" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek="0"
            tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0"/>
    </SIP>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

there are already quite a few SNTP related post's in the VoIP community that you should be able to easily find via the Community Search and all changes can be made via the Web Interface to prevent configuration file miss configuration.

The GMT+3 indicates a Russian or similar Time Zone and I am aware that certain UCS 3.3.x or newer Software Versions had an issue with this.

As you have not provided the Phones Software Versions I am unable to advise.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi steffen.

i read the posts related to the GMT offset and i concluded the settings from it but i didn't find the sip.cfg file so i created it.

i'll send the file to customer to apply it remotely so i wanted to check that none of phone configuration will be changed and only the time settings will be changed. also if the syntax are correct.

the running software is UCS 3.3.1

thanks in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.