Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our company recently purchased a new phone system consisting of VV310 Polycom VOIP phones, we were told at purchase that they would support wireless headsets.  Now our installer is telling us that due to the phones rebooting when changing the headset settings, we cannot have headsets on any of our phones.  Is this true?  I can't believe that a phone that was clearly designed and configured to support headsets cannnot....

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello MrZequip,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition you or your installer may want to check if the headset is even compatible with the phone as described here:

Oct 19, 2011 Question: What type of Headset's and cables are compatible with my Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The next step would be to raise a support ticket via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

my software version is 5.0.1.4068 and my component version is 7.7.2.7242. 

I would love to colaborate with my Polycom reseller, but they are the ones telling me that these phones will not suppport a headset of any type.  That is why I am here...getting a second opinion.  I would love to call you guys but everything directs me to here since you don't clearly want to deal with customers directly.

oh and they headset we were told by another reseller was the Plantronics CS510-XD.

HP Recommended

Hello MrZequip,

your reseller / installer should check the Polycom VVX Data Sheet => here <= that headsets are supported.

Also the previosely posted FAQ post has the following document => here <= which again oulines that Headsets are supported.

It also list's all tested and supported headset's including the CS500 Series .

I would suggest your reseller / installer contact's our support team asap as they do not seem to know anything about our products.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.