Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The IP6000 has a 2.5mm jack port. There is very little info about this feature.  It is only described in the FAQ of the IP6000. There is stated that it can be used with a cell phone cable or with the Computer Calling kit. I tried everything but the IP6000 does not respond to a connection with my PC or with my cell phone.  Notings happens, as if this line is dead.

I have tried several IP6000 units and different cables but nothing works. And I can't find any item in the menu to activate the line or something like that. How does this work?

I have now found several official IP6000 FAQ sheets. The one I have added to this message says it is possible to connect a cell phone or computer. In another one it is only for a special Polycom microphone and the third one doesn't mention the 2.5mm port at all.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello CourtVid,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I believe the document or the version you have attached is incorrect.

The SSIP6000, to my knowledge, has got a 2.5mm port but cannot be used with a Mobile Phone or the Computer calling kit.

The port itself is usable for Polycom diagnostics only.

The SSIP6000 datasheet => here <= mentions a 2.5mm connection but does not specify the compatibility with the computer calling kit as the SSIP7000 => here <= for example.

The official accessories page => here <= does not show the SSIP6000 as a supported phone either.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for this answer.

As your answer shows: it seems that Polycom added a 2.5mm port in the IP6000 with the intention to use it for the cell phone etc. Later this idea was abandoned but the port was never removed from the design. It seems strange that there are 3 different FAQ sheets with 3 different stories about this port that is more or less fake.....

Maybe it should be made very clear in the documentation that this 2.5mm port in the IP6000 has no real use.

It now costs me several hours of experimenting and surfing for answers.

Regards,

Etko

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.