Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are trying to configure an IP4000 Soundstation on a Toshiba phone system.  We can dial out and receive calls, but when dialing an external conference bridge, it does not recognize the second access/bridge number terminated with a "#" sign.  I have tried disabling "Remove End-of-dial marker" and modifying the digitmap by adding  "[1-9]xxxxxxx|". 

I need to dial xxx xxx xxxx when connected xxxxxxx#   any ideas would be welcome before we ship this back!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello No_Support_from_Polycom ,

welcome to the Polycom Community. 

Your username instigates that you have been refused support.

Only Polycom certified resellers / channels are able to work directly with our support infrastructure and End Customers need to liaise with their reseller / channel for any Tier 1 support.

The Partner / Channel can then raise a ticket with Polycom support as long as the unit is within warranty. Outside warranty a Pay per incident charge is applicable.

A good starting point for any new post is to provide the currently used software version as this enables yourself or others to check against existing release notes.

Does you issue manifest itself when you dialed the initial number and are connected and you then try to enter digits and finish with the hash/pound ( # )?

This would usually indicate that this is transmitted in DTMF so the parameter you stated would not even be active.

I suggest you provide a little more details so someone may be able to provide some advise.

You also mentioned that if this would not work you would ship the unit back?

I am surprised that you can still purchase these units as new as these have not  been available for purchase since  08/20/2009.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response Steffen,

Sorry about the expressive user name, but when I entered a support ticket, it was immediately cancelled and the email directed me to the service provider.  When I attempted a Chat and mentioned "support", I was given the URL for the support section.  I didn't feel much support.

The model was one of the Model numbers recommended by our services provider and was a new unit.  It is connected to a Toshiba  C1X phone system on an SIP line.

The supplier/seller, American Telecom Headquarters, was my first contact and their reply was :

"

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately since amazon is a marketplace we do not provide support for these products. That is why we can offer such great deals as the one you received. 

As to additional details - The software version is 2.02 0079 I believe, since the unit is currently shut down.

"Does you issue manifest itself when you dialed the initial number and are connected and you then try to enter digits and finish with the hash/pound ( # )?"

I can dial the conference numbers and connect.  When asked for the access number terminated with the "#", I dial that, but the response is that it is an unrecognized access number.

I can unplug the Polycom unit and plug in the IP phone and the conference number and access code works fine.

I have attached the screen shots of the configuration.

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

C

HP Recommended

Additional information

SW Version 2.1.2.0078

Assembly 2201-06642-001 Rev A

Bootrom  3.2.3.0002

HP Recommended

Hello No_Support_from_Polycom ,

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

You should seriously consider upgrading the phone to a current version and then work with Toshiba on troubleshooting this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.