Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have several Polycom IP300's where I cannot acces the web interface. I have reset the devices using the 1, 3, 5, 7, <removed> procedure and I can log into the phone itself using the defaults and I can see the IP address but when I try to log into the web interface, it will not accept any credentials.

These devices are running firmware v. 3.3.5.0247.

On one of them, I've also reset the local config, then the web config, then the dev settings, and lastly, I even formatted the file system. This last step has caused yet another issue: I now see the following sequence on it:

First this:

----> Updating initial configuration

then this:

-----> Could not contact boot server. using existing config

then this:

-----> Error, application not present!

And finally, this:

-----> Rebooting

And it continues this loop indefinitely. Even if I manually enter the server address, I get nothing.

Is there a way, outside of the web interface, to upgrade/downgrade firmware, or perhaps some other set of default credentials that would work? As I've said, I've reset everything so, theorectically, it SHOULD be in a "fresh out of the box" state but apparently it isn't.

Any help on either of these issues would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

UPDATE:

I have managed to set up a local FTP server and downgraded to firmware 3.3.4 (I've even gone back to a few earlier revisions) but no matter what I've tried, I am still not able to access the web interface. I am not able to upgrade beyond 3.3.5 using the FTP method.

I've corrected the second issue from my initial post but the original issue is still a problem

HP Recommended

Hello lh-bis,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could the phone download a configuration from some kind of server and are you trying 456 ?

Can you logon as the administrator to the phone itself ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, I was able to set up a local FTP server so the phone could load a config but no matter what browser I used, I am not able to log into the web interface. I can only log into the phone itself. 456 works as the password there. The web login prompts me for credentials but does not accept any of the default ones I know of (admin/456, polycom/456, user/123).

I thought it might be because of the changes in SSL requirements for current releases of IE/Chrome/Firefox but it's an HTTP interface, not HTTPS so I'm stumped.

All phones have the latest firmware (3.3.5.0247).

HP Recommended

Hello lh-bis,

the next step would be to log a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This customer originally purchased these devices through my company about 6 years ago and I'm migrating them from a Barracuda 270 Phone System to a 3CX v15 system and ran into these issues getting the phones working against the new system. One of the MACs is 0004F21EEE20 (IP330).

HP Recommended

Hello lh-bis,

We sold this unit back in 30/09/2008 via NORTEL NETWORKS, INC. so it is nearly 10 years old. Maybe time to purchase a current phone model rather than trying to get this fixed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I am able to provision it but the inability to get to the web interface concerns me. I will advise the client. You've been very helpful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.