Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I tested the fix on 6.4.1 and it is working. I am now able to provision my phone using my Let's Encrypt cert. 

This issue appears to be fixed in 6.4.2.3008 as I just updated my phone and did a factory reset.

After pointing the phone to my HTTPS provisioning server the phone was able to download the config and doing a config update (Home > Settings > Basic > Update Configuration) succeeds with no errors.

HP Recommended

Sorry to bump this thread, but I've tried all the suggestions here and with the current short chain ISRG Root X1 LetsEncrypt certificates, we still can't get Poly phones to provision over HTTPS.

I'm now wondering if it's due to the fact that it's a wildcard cert. However, it used to work prior to the root CA certificate expiring last October, so I have no idea.

Could somebody maybe send me a setting export from a working phone to compare against (without any identifying credentials in them of course)? It's been months that we've been unable to get Poly phones to provision over HTTPS...

HP Recommended

Perfect, thank you.  I had tried searching for this before and hadn't found this article somehow.  So, I've had to use non-ssl provisioning which is a bad idea...

The way I did this is to upload the certificate given above to a public web server and then pointed the phone:
Settings->Network->TLS->Certificate Configuration->Platform CA 1 to the URL and clicked install.
And then changed
Settings->Network->TLS->TLS Profiles->Platform Profile 1->CA Certificate to Platform 1.

Tada, the phone can auto-provision again.

Hope this helps someone configure their Polycom VVX 500 phone when their letsencrypt https certificate stops being recognized by the phone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.