Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a few Trio 8800s that refuse to use the VLAN advertised in LLDP as the "voice" VLAN.  They continue to use the untagged data VLAN.  I think this related to a check the Trio's software is doing to see if the voice VLAN is different from the PVID.  Per another post, if they are equal the Trio will continue with untagged operations.  The LLDP packets from the switch seem to incorrectly indicate the PVID is the same VLAN as the voice VLAN.  That's incorrect but appears to be a bug in the switch's software but not something that's impact other brands of phones.

My ask here: Is there some setting on the Trio I'm missing to bypass the check performed by the Trio?  Some sort of "always use advertised tagged VLAN" or "Ignore PVID in LLDP"?   I can't statically configure the tagged VLAN on the Trio as it's not the same between buildings.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Sam O. 

I have moved this hear as the section it was posted is for analog conference phones.

What other post? Can you link this?

Also what do you see in the logs?

Aug 10, 2016 Question:Can I change the LLDP parameters on my Poly phone?

Explanation:Please check => here <=

or

Jul 31, 2020 Question: How can I troubleshoot a phone not getting an IP or DHCP issues?

Resolution: Try a manual IP => here <= or for DHCP logging check >here< and check LLDP or CDP => here <=

It would also be useful to find what type of Trio and/or what software version was used. What is the switch manufacturer and what SW version?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Trio is at 7.2.5.  I've also tried 7.2.0 and the newest 5.x version, with the same result.

LLDP debug log from the Trio says:

lldp |3|00|lldpProcessRecvPacket: Received LLDP packet with Native VlanId 3000

VLAN 3000 is the voice VLAN and can be seen marked as such a wireshark trace from the switch.  Switch is a Juniper EX2200 running 12.3R12-S14.

Setting the Trio to use VLAN 3000 does work.. It just won't switch to that VLAN by itself.  I can't find the article again that talked about the issue with native/PVID being the same as the voice VLAN.  I'll keep looking and reply if I find it again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.