Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I know that the H.323 feature is not officially supported on the Trio but I hope someone can help me here.

I'm trying to use this feature, I have enable H.323 on third line (1st one is SfB, second is a SIP one). I have set a Gatekeeper with auth settings,etc... However, when I make a h323 call with an alias (for example 5000), the call is sended through the Gatekeeper, everything is fine. However, If I make a call using a hostname or an IP (with h323:xxxx), the Trio try to send to call directly to this IP or hostname without passing by the Gatekeeper.

Do you know any settings that can change this behaviour?

Best regards,

Cyrille

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Another comment, If I call abcd@ip, the call is correctly routed through the GK.

So calling:

alias (ex: 5000) - OK

"email format" (ex: abcd@1.2.3.4) - OK

IP (ex: 1.2.3.4) - Not OK

Hostname (ex: test) - Not OK

HP Recommended

Hi @Ziki,

what are your settings? I just configured settings > H.323 and enabled H.323 protocol and filled in our DMA-IP as the gatekeeper. After that configured Line 4, disabled SIP, enabled H.323, filled in Gatekeeper IP (DMA) and made the settings for identification (Display name=8800, Address=8800 and Label=IP Call). Runs nice and smooth. All types of calls worke fine.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.

I have the same settings as you.

Have you set any digitmap for your h323 line?

How are you doing to call an IP? You press on "IP Call", tap on the keyboard icon, keyboard appear with "h323:" and you type the IP address?

HP Recommended

No digitmap and yes, same way you decribed to initiate an IP call.

HP Recommended

hi , can i have your setting picture on your Trio. Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello @hiep.nguyen ,

welcome to the Poly Community

Have a look at this post here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @Ziki @hiep.nguyen @mschulze ,

Trio GA support of H.323 in 5.9.1 >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.