Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've been looking around online and haven't found anything but I'm trying to get some info on the Trio C60 and its HDMI port. Does it work? How does it work? And is it supposed to be like the HDMI in on the Studio X line? 

Thanks,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My understanding from watching videos (I think featuring Neil Fluester) is that it could possibly be used in the future as an alternative to using the HDMI input port on the X Series when the X Series is paired with the C60.

You might be sitting near the C60 using it as the controller and microphone/speakers so being able to plug your laptop's HDMI output directly into it would be a neat solution.

However since such a feature isn't available at this time you can't count on it being added. I have some completed unrelated to Poly products that shipped with a HDMI port and never subsequently had support added for doing much with it at all.

It being added to Poly Video mode would be subject to Poly deciding to add support for it (both the X Series and C60 would likely require firmware updates), and Poly partners could then have it added to their apps if they wish but as we can see with things like USB Device Mode not all features make it to all apps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello jbass@srcinc ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

For your new issue the HDMI port is currently not active.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

My understanding from watching videos (I think featuring Neil Fluester) is that it could possibly be used in the future as an alternative to using the HDMI input port on the X Series when the X Series is paired with the C60.

You might be sitting near the C60 using it as the controller and microphone/speakers so being able to plug your laptop's HDMI output directly into it would be a neat solution.

However since such a feature isn't available at this time you can't count on it being added. I have some completed unrelated to Poly products that shipped with a HDMI port and never subsequently had support added for doing much with it at all.

It being added to Poly Video mode would be subject to Poly deciding to add support for it (both the X Series and C60 would likely require firmware updates), and Poly partners could then have it added to their apps if they wish but as we can see with things like USB Device Mode not all features make it to all apps.

HP Recommended

Hello @bmgr 

To my own personal knowledge, support may come in a later build but again depends on what mode the Poly C60 is being used and maybe via an additional license fee.

Similar to >here< it depends on the partner what features they want to allow to be used. This also has to do what other solutions the partner has in their portfolio aka what "competition" the Poly device may be to their other solutions.

I would suggest using something like >this< aka Micro HDMI male to HDMI female.

As usual, this is my own personal opinion and knowledge as we are talking about a yet unreleased/supported feature/functionality.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response!
That's what I was thinking as well and hoping for as right now the X30/X50s (with Trios as controllers) that I am deploying I'm using an IP based HDMI extender. It works fine, it would just be nice to have one less piece of hardware in the mix.

Thanks again!

James

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.