Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello!

We are using Trio 8800 paired with Visual+ or VisualPro. We've seen, that each Trio and each Visual+ generates network traffic to Polycom Cloud 104.210.158.192 by default, which will be blocked by our firewalls. We are provisioning the Polycom devices by RPRM on-premise and do not use any Polycom Cloud Service, so there is no use for that traffic.

To prevent this traffic and to reduce network load, on RPRM we've set the configuration attributes feature.da.enabled="0", feature.obitalk.enabled="0" and feature.pcc.enabled="0" for each Trio.

Now there is network traffic left from Visual+ to Polycom Cloud. Please tell me, how to eliminate this traffic too.

Best regards,

LeoK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @LeoK 

I double-checked this prior to replying and this is working as designed.

The Cloud features are not disabled on the Visual+ if turned off on the Trio side. You will need to manually login to each Visual+ and load a configuration to disable this.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @LeoK ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Simply set the same configuration on the Visual+. Usually, the configuration is shared to the Visual+ but I assume there is some analytics being sent by the Visual+ as well so try importing the CFG via the Web Interface.

If you require official guidelines we would need to see this in support.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Thanks for Information. We use RPRM for central and automated provisioning of all Polycom devices in our network. So configuring paired Visual+ manually via Web Interface to set the attributes will not work. There should be a way ==> to set the attributes feature.da.enabled="0", feature.obitalk.enabled="0" and feature.pcc.enabled="0" by RPRM separately even for paired Visual+ or ==> to inherite the attributes feature.da.enabled="0", feature.obitalk.enabled="0" and feature.pcc.enabled="0" from Trio to the paired Visual+ (When analytics for Trio are disabled, why should analytics stay enabled for the paired Visual+?) I will open a support ticket. Best regards, LeoK
HP Recommended

Hello @LeoK 

I double-checked this prior to replying and this is working as designed.

The Cloud features are not disabled on the Visual+ if turned off on the Trio side. You will need to manually login to each Visual+ and load a configuration to disable this.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.