Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, greetings

I noticed today that when I access SETTINGS > STATUS > PLATFORM > CONFIGURATION, it states that there is 1 Duplicate entry.  (here is a screenshot)

I looked as best as I could at my config files but could not spot this duplicate.  I am not aware of any tools that can search for duplicate values within a set of XML files either. I tried to enable Debug logging for this device (a VVX500) but when I looked at the logs, I didn't see any mention of the duplicated value.

How can I figure out where the duplication is?

Thank you 

P.S. - my UCS sw ver is 5.4.3.1014 and I am running a local provisioning server via FTP with a 000000000000-global.cfg as well as <MACADDRESS>.cfg file for this phone.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I eventually figured out the duplicate value by hours of trial and error. What a huge pain that was. 

Now that Polycom has been bought by Mitel, I am not optomistic about future support or updates for the "old" lines.  Progress!! <sigh>

HP Recommended

Hello luckman212,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The 000000000000-global.cfg is the culprit in this case as shown in the screenshot but looking at this picture worries me as you provide 509 parameters via this file.

I cannot imagine why you would need 509 configuration parameters in order to have the phone working and should maybe look at clearing this up to make it easier to work with.

Often users copy whole templates into their configuration without actually using 99% if these.

Example error messages can be:

000035.670|pps  |4|03|Omitting duplicate attendant.resourceList.2.address=506
000035.670|pps  |4|03|Omitting duplicate attendant.resourceList.3.address=506

or

0712132633|so   |4|00|Error: soReadCodecPreferences: Duplicate voice codec preference: G711Mu and G7221C.48kbps, pref: 2
0712132633|so   |4|00|Error: soReadCodecPreferences: Duplicate voice codec preference: G711A and Siren14.48kbps, pref: 3

but you did not provide the detail in your post what caused it so its tricky to advise.

In all cases your Polycom reseller should be consulted if you struggle so they can involve Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.