Spectralink 8440: Application not present after upgrade

arve
Occasional Visitor

Spectralink 8440: Application not present after upgrade

Hi,

I have a couple of Spectralink 8440's that I need to upgrade from 4.2.1 to 5.0.0.1079 in order to make them work with our Skype for Business Server.

I have set up a webserver, and initiated the upgrade through the web UI, and they reboot and start flashing the ROMs and finishes this process, and reboots with the new logo.

However, it then shows "Error: Application not present", and are stuck in a reboot loop.

What is the proper way to upgrade these phones? All are catalog no 2200-37175-101.

I have tried specifiying an FTP site as a provision site, but it still fails, as it does not try to download anything besides its .cfg file and dump the log.

Do I need to update the bootloader as well?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Spectralink 8440: Application not present after upgrade

Hello arve,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Polycom no longer owns the SpectraLink since back in April 2013. This is why we closed the separate SpectraLink community => here <=

Please contact SpectraLink directly and I will close this post.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2