Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, thanks in advance!

I am attempting to register an IP7000 to Session Manager. I do not see it attempt to register when I am monitoring the SM.

I have upgraded to 3.3.1.0933 via http://voipt2.polycom.com/331f/ successfully. After that I configured the phone via the "Lines" menu adding the address (xxxx@domain.com) user ID and authentication. In the Server 1 submenu, I set the IP address of the Session Manager. I have checked ports and transport (5061 & TLS).  I have Avaya SIP phones registered to this SM and have checked config (gateway etc) against them.

When I reset the phone, the display shows "Welcome"  "Waiting for network to initialize" "Running App SIP.ld"  "Version 3.3.1.0933" "Welcome" "Processing Configuration" Then it goes to a screen that shows the date and time with the extension number in the upper left.  A status of the lines shows:

Line 10011 (not registered)

*132.189.0.51 (not registered)

132.189.0.51 is the Sessiom Manager.

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Found a network issue, using UDP I now see the IP7000 attempt to register but now I'm having an authentication issue. I am going to do a new post with a different subject.  Thanks again Steffen.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello sptitze,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Within this post is a follow up link to the official interoperability tested SIP Platforms of our partners and these should include their official configuration documents.

The Session Manager is not listed there but if a third party SIP device like an X-Lite softphone would work then the Polycom SSIP7000 should as well.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry, I should have added the attached doc. "Application Notes for Polycom SoundStation IP 7000 and Avaya Aura® Communication Manager and Avaya Aura® Session Manager – Issue 1.0"  I have been through it more than once. And yes third party phones will register to Avaya Session Manager.

HP Recommended

Hello Sptitze,

TLS would require a certificate from Avaya to be installed on the Phone or a Polycom root CA to be installed on the Avaya switch.

I would start with Port 5060 and UDP as originally suggested in the guide you have attached.

For any follow up questions I need to refer you back to Avaya as they have done the interoperability testing and should support you.

If all fails please raise a support ticket with Polycom via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffan for your quick responses.  I had tried UDP first, then changed it to match the Avaya endpoint. I have now changed it back to UDP. Silll see nothing at the Session Manager.  I may have to open a support ticket.

Thanks again,

HP Recommended

Found a network issue, using UDP I now see the IP7000 attempt to register but now I'm having an authentication issue. I am going to do a new post with a different subject.  Thanks again Steffen.

HP Recommended

Did you ever get anywhere with this. I am trying to do the same. IP7000 connectet to Session manager, I also read that same doc. My settings keep disappearing from the web config for the phone?

HP Recommended

Can anyone help me with the UDP port range used by the IP 7000?  Our network team see's the RTP streams using a different UDP range then our other phones.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.