Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have a new Soundstation IP 7000 and am unable to access the web interface to configure it. 

When I open a broswer and enter the IP address I receive a "Welcome to Polycom Web Configuration Utility" screen with a prompt to enter login information. It gives me two choices of logins: Admin or User. Choosing Admin, I enter the default password (456, which seems to work to enter the advanced options through the phone itself) and get "Invalid password. Please try again." 

I've tried User/123 and any combination of the two, as well as 123456, and still nothing. I have tried this in multiple versions of IE as well as Chrome. 

Can anyone assist? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello ibbk,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If this is a new SoundStation the password is 456 for the Admin user and 123 for the User.

Can you login via the Phone GUI using 456?

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

If your phone is still able to connect to the Provisioning server please reset the password via the Device Parameters documented in the Admin Guide or here

The above is also stated in the Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum

If this is not possible please contact your Polycom reseller or the person you purchased the phone from.

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen and thank you for your quick response. 

I was able to log in via the phone GUI using 456 as the password yesterday and will try it again today to confirm it still works. Why would that work and not the web interface? 

You're going to have to help me out here, Steffen. This is actually a replacement unit that came directly from Polycom and I'm a complete newbie with this stuff. I've read about the "provisioning server" in several places but have no idea what it is. Could you please elaborate on that for me. 

Just to clarify, this is a stand-alone conference phone in a small office. It isn't connected to other Polycom units or even external speakers. 

HP Recommended

Hello ibbk,

The Polycom Community is full of answers so you can look there.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Option 1 of the above explains how to utilize the phones web interface to upgrade the software.

For anything else not described in here you can wait for other users to respond or contact your Polycom reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi again, Steffen, 

The login issue was actually user error (i.e. my own) and is no longer an item. 

I've been able to log on to the web interface and upgrade the software to version 4.0.11.0583 (the highest available from the Polycom hosted server). I also set up time synchronization, which immediately reflected on the phone. 

Of course, the phone itself still doesn't work, nor do I see the phone number listed on the LCD as I did on the old one. 

The phone's MAC address is 00:04:F2:EF:D0:43 and the original phone was purchased from Newegg. 

I'm going to keep reading but still hope that you can at least point me in the right direction so I can get this working properly. 

HP Recommended

If you don't have provisioning server, or don't know it's URL/credentials, you could punch in your SIP credentials (from your PBX whatever it is) manually in the Line X and SIP Settings.

If the previous phone did work, it's MAC address could have been provisioned - perpaps you need to ask you service provider to provision the new MAC there (to associate this phone with a phone user).

HP Recommended

Hello ibbk,

I have no record of this MAC 0004F2EFD043 so I am unable to tell you who to contact.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above are the only details you need to enter.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Just wanted to update this thread. 

I was able to resolve the web management portal access issue. Basically, the phone's web interface is accessed just as a router would be - through a web browser, via IP address. The 456 admin password worked. 

Beyond that, configuring the phone has to be done through the service provider. Or at least it did in my case. They provision the phone through their system, according to the model, etc. It's all pretty straight-forward. 

So, anyone who finds themselves in my boots a few days ago, I hope this helps somewhat. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.