Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I already searched for this problem in the forums but couldn't find an answer for my problem.

I am trying to connect my Soundstation IP 7000 to a FreePBX/Asterisk Server using TLS. I enter the the data for the server into the WebGUI of my Soundstation and putting the transport protocol for both the SIP and the lines on TLS. But when I then look into the log of my voice server, I see an error message that the Sounstation can't connect to the server, because it is using only UDP as transport protocol. I also ran a tcpdump on the interface where the Soundstation and the server communicate and I also can only see UDP SIP packets.

I also tried importing the CA cert of my CA that I put on the server, but that didn't fix the problem either. I'm using the following software versions:

Soundstation IP 7000 UC 4.0.6 BootROM 5.0.1

Server FreePBX 2.11.0.37 Asterisk 11.9.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hello Dadriel

Try UCS 4.0.4 instead as I believe .5 and .6 have this issue

Replied from a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Hello Dadriel

Try UCS 4.0.4 instead as I believe .5 and .6 have this issue

Replied from a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks alot, the rollback to UC 4.0.4 actually fixed the problem and I now can use TLS when communicating with the Asterisk server.

Now one more thing turned up ,where I'm not quite sure how to handle it. We only have the one SoundStation and are therefore not using a provisioning server to configure it. Is it possible to still configure SRTP on the SoundStation, because there does not seem to be an option in the WebGUI to activate it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.