Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi..
i have integrated the soundtation IP 6000 with CME using SIP.

the basic features are working. i need the following:

•  i configured one line and 8 calls per line, but i'm only able to make a conference between two to participants only. when trying to add more it puts the conference on hold start a new conference and max. two can join.

the normal phone system uses the cisco router as a conference bridge and they can have 8 participant in the conference. so why the soundstation don't use the conference bridge and is it possible to have more than two particiapnts in the same conference.

• is there any way to add a password or security on soundstation so that no one can make a call unless he puts the security code.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Our technology Partner Cisco has their own range of Polycom Products that are certified for their Platform and a Polycom SSIP6000 would work as a 3rd Party SIP Device.

The SSIP6000 has a built in Conference Facility to host up to two external Parties within the SSIP.

The Facility you describe is a feature within the Call Manager and you would need to liaise with Cisco in order to find out how to use this from a 3rd Party SIP Device.

As of Polycom UC Software 3.3.0, the user can lock their phone by pressing the Lock soft key or through the menu by selecting Menu > Settings > Basic >  Lock Phone.

Please check the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide => here <= and this Tech Tip => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Our technology Partner Cisco has their own range of Polycom Products that are certified for their Platform and a Polycom SSIP6000 would work as a 3rd Party SIP Device.

The SSIP6000 has a built in Conference Facility to host up to two external Parties within the SSIP.

The Facility you describe is a feature within the Call Manager and you would need to liaise with Cisco in order to find out how to use this from a 3rd Party SIP Device.

As of Polycom UC Software 3.3.0, the user can lock their phone by pressing the Lock soft key or through the menu by selecting Menu > Settings > Basic >  Lock Phone.

Please check the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide => here <= and this Tech Tip => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

One question. The SSIP 6000 is on software version 3.0.2

I checked the upgrade procedures documentation, but I have a question. Can I use an external FTP server to provision the phone or I had to use call manager as the provisioning server?

HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

we encourage users to check the FAQ and use the search.

Please follow up your querie => here <=

The Call Manager would usually only hold the firmware files for the Cisco branded Polycom devices.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello Guys,

Kindly can anyone assist with proceedure for registering IP 6000 on CME?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.