Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, wondering if anybody can help with this issue. Whenever I try to access the voicemail on my 335 it dials a forward number instead and as a result I am unable to reach any messages or even setup for the phone. Thanks for any help or advice that could be provided.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Will_A,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Not knowing what Software Version you are currently running my reply will be based on the latest supported Version at present.

This is at the time of the reply UCS 4.1.0

The Phone, as described in the UCS 4.1.0 Admin Guide, will utilize the phone registration to subscribe to any Message Waiting events.

Pressing the messages Key on the phone will therefore dial your own SIP extension which usually, if setup correctly on the SIP switch, will automatically connect you to the Voice Mail.

If a different way of contacting the Voicemail server is required you may want to check page 460 of the above mentioned guide. 

You can also do this via the Phones Web Interface using the Line Settings. You will find this within the Message center.

For more information or support please liaise with your SIP Server Provider and or your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Will_A,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Not knowing what Software Version you are currently running my reply will be based on the latest supported Version at present.

This is at the time of the reply UCS 4.1.0

The Phone, as described in the UCS 4.1.0 Admin Guide, will utilize the phone registration to subscribe to any Message Waiting events.

Pressing the messages Key on the phone will therefore dial your own SIP extension which usually, if setup correctly on the SIP switch, will automatically connect you to the Voice Mail.

If a different way of contacting the Voicemail server is required you may want to check page 460 of the above mentioned guide. 

You can also do this via the Phones Web Interface using the Line Settings. You will find this within the Message center.

For more information or support please liaise with your SIP Server Provider and or your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.