Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Greetings All,

New to the boards, but I did a quick search and couldn't find what I needed...

I work at a call center consisting of 75 Soundpoint 330 phones. While the phones work, and everyone seems to not have any real issues with them, I was hoping there was a "quick" way to make a config change...

Each phone has 2 lines, that connect to 2 different PBX devices. Line 1 connects to 10.1.1.x and line 2 connects to 10.1.2.x. Line 1 is used to access a predictive dialer and Line 2 is a general pbx for regular inbound/outbound manual calling.

the problem I have is that when a user goes to dial a phone number manually, it defaults to line 1, but that device does not allow outbound calls, and only logs the agent in/out of the dialer.

So I want to know if there was a way to make:

Make Line 2 the default when dialing a number from the keypad.

Make Line 1 automatically dial the key combination *75 when the button is pressed.

I do not utilize a TFTP server, yet, but that is in the works when the other half of the company switches over next year, as that would make it a total of 200 phones, and I really don't feel like provisioning all of them by hand... The 330's were already provisioned when I started working here.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Telleraine,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The only quick way would be pointing the phones to a provisioning server and let them load a modified configuration.

Our phones always place a call on Line 1, there is no way to change this.

You would need to swap the registrations so Line 1 becomes Line 2 and vice versa.

For the Line 1 Key automatically dialing of *75 you would need to elaborate a bit more.

• Do you need the Key just to dial *75 when pressed or *75 and then something else?
    or
  • Do you need the physical key to dial *75 and if someone dials something automatically add *75 ?

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of an Hardware Button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains how to assign a Speed Dial to a physical key which then could dial *75 automatically.

You could also use the dialplan.x.digitmap and set it for dialplan.1.digitmap to add for registration 1 (Line 1) to always add *75 to any number dialed.

The digitmap is explained here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference

ResolutionPlease check => here <=

For more information please work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks for answering me. I was afraid that the best solution would be a provisioning server... I will take a look at the two articles you attached, just in case though.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.