Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have an IP 7000 set up as a SIP extension on a ShoreTel phone system.

UC Software Version 4.0.4.2906 BootROM Software Version 5.0.5.2324

It appears to be connected to the network normally and the ShoreTel system recognizes it fine and all that.  You can even call the IP 7000, it rings, and you can answer the call.  The issue is that it can't initiate any calls - internal or external - just gives a busy signal.  I've set up several of these phones before and have had to adjust the digitmap accordingly because we always need to dial 9 to place an outside call.  But none of my changes to the digitmap have helped.  The only calls this phone needs to make are: 3-digit internal extensions beginning with the number 2, and local 10-digit beginning with 9 as access code, or toll-free/LD 11-digit numbers beginning with 9, which is the access code.  This is the digitmap.

[2-9]11|0T|2xx|9xxx.T|

Is this wrong?  Or is it right and there's some other issue going on? 

Thanks for any help with this.  I'm stumped after a bunch of trial and error.

Edit:  I should add that it even seems like the phone is abiding by the digitmap in that - when dialing an extension, 250 for example, the instant the 3rd digit of that extension is pressed, the fast busy sounds.  Like it knows that a number starting with 2, having a second digit other than 1 means that it will only be 3 digits in length.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello davidk,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever follow up your old post => here <= ?

The SSIP should be on UC Software 4.0.11 and BootROM / Updater / Upgrader 5.0.11 to be on a currently supported version.

In addition to your new issue the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference or Digitmap issues

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above post will allow you to troubleshoot this using logs.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen.  I will upgrade the phone's software and bootrom stuff to what you recommend and see if it will work then!  Since it worked for the previous issue with the IP 6000 phones.

HP Recommended

I have downloaded both the UCS 4.0.11 and the updater 5.0.11 and unzipped them to a folder that I have given the FileZilla user access to.  The IP 7000 appears to connect to FileZilla fine (it says it logs on) but it doesn't seem to download any of the right files.  Here's a screenshot.  I've rebooted the IP 7000 a couple times but it remains with UCS 4.0.4.2906 and BootROM 5.0.5.2324. 

HP Recommended

Hello davidk,

Not really sure what you added as credentials but something is looking for the file size of 192.168.53.10

It should look for stuff like this:

(000007)16/11/2016 17:40:43 - t544d (10.252.149.108)> SIZE 3111-65290-001.sip.ld

The error is on your end.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

My mistake.  I unzipped both the UCS and Updater folders and placed them in a directory that I gave the user access to.  Apparently what I needed to do is copy all the contents of the unzipped folders and put them in the directory (without the original folders in place).  I then rebooted the IP 7000 and it successfully updated to UCS 4.0.11.0583 and BootROM 5.0.11.0282.

Now I'm waiting for a user to place some test calls to see if they work.

HP Recommended

The Polycom IP 7000 is still not able to place calls even after being updated.  The ShoreTel logs have no record of any attempt to place a call.  Very strange.  Not sure what else to do other than trying a different Polycom phone to see if the results are any better.

HP Recommended

Hello davidk,

I already responded with a multitude of troubleshooting which you have or not have implemented yet.

Is the phone evenregistered?

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I check out the Registration Status of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

If it is did you follow this?

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference or Digitmap issues

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The next and last step would be to troubleshoot this:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Once all of the above has been done I would open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Yes, it is registered.  Everything about the IP 7000 phone is working normally.  Except for the fact it can't initiate a phone call.  That's why I thought at first it was a digitmap issue, but like I said I'm familiar with how to set the digitmap for our needs and I've tried many variations in hopes to get it working.

I will try to figure out the Wireshark thing.

HP Recommended

David

I'm having a similar problem with IP 7000 on Skype for Business Server.  It's registered & can make "skype" calls internally but I can't make or receive PSTN calls.  Sounds similar to your problem.  Can you tell me if you were able to resolve your issues?

Thanks

Jason

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.