Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Marc and all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

4.1.1 is not a valid software as this is a LYNC only software for compatible SoundPoint IP and SoundStation IP Phones.

The same is applicable for UC Software 4.1.0

4.0.10 is the latest compatible SIP software for the SoundStation IP6000 and I just installed this and the prior 4.0.9 and both times when making an outgoing call once connected pressing Mute will light the LED from Green into Red.

I am unsure what configuration you are using or if any external microphones or if this only happens after a certain time but without any of these details its a guessing game.

Usually your Polycom reseller would be your Tier 1 support and they can open a Support ticket with us.

If you fail to identify the Polycom reseller in question please post the MAC address of the unit usually starting with 0004F.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

I downgraded to software 4.0.10.0568 and rebooted without much success - still no LED lights. The LED lights have never turned on in any configurations other than when running the diagnostic test. LEDs dont even turn on during reboot or restoring to factory default.

My polycom reseller was Amazon.com, I don't think I would get much help there.

I apologize in retrospect my unit is a Soundstation IP 5000. I just noticed that I may be posting in a wrong thread. I would be happy to start a thread elsewhere if this makes more sense - please advise.

Configuration uses option 66, provided for FTP link to Asterisk. Configuration worked flawlessly with softkeys (other than LED) working as intended - such as new call, call forward, call hold, end call, call conference - all the softkeys work out of the box other than LED lights. Red LED lights are a must for placing the call on hold.

No external features such as microphones are added as this is an IP 5000.

Other than that, there is a warning on the phone ["sip.cfg" has pre-3.3.0 parameters]

MAC address of phone is 0004F2FA3E9A

Any suggested guidance?

Yours,

Marc

HP Recommended

FYI, I also just opened a service request with Polycom if that helps.

Marc

HP Recommended

Hello Marc,

End Customers cannot open cases and the Helpdesk team will refer you to the reseller which is ALLNET GMBH so please contact them.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey NorthByNorth,

Where you ever able to get this resloved? I'm experincing the same issue and have not had any luck getting this resloved by either my VOIP provider or Polycomm. Thank you so much for your help

HP Recommended

Hello,

I resolved the problem with RMA. The replacement unit had functioning LEDs.

Marc

HP Recommended

We are having the same issue with several of our phones.

Is there a clear path to resolve the issue? I read through the forums and I was not able to find a specific firmware version for IP 6000 and IP 5000 that is reported to resolve the issue. So I am not sure if I should go through the firmware upgrade/change if that will not resolve it.

Hope somebody can help with some current information.

Or, please, let me know if I should create a new topic or Service request.

Thanks a lot!

HP Recommended

Hello CLMS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The only way we, aka Polycom , can fix anything is via reporting it through the correct escalation steps.

As outlined already in this post End Users are unable to work directly with Polycom and need to go via their reseller.

Please post the MAC address of the device so I can check who would do this for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.