Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a SoundStation IP 6000 that works fine excpet for the fact that when the MUTE button is pressed during a call the LED lights do not flash. I have verfied that the lights infact do work and after doing LED diagnostics and restoring the phone back to factory settings. Is their something I need to do to the configuration file to get these LED lights to work?

The SoundSation IP 6000 is running 

UC Software Version 4.0.8.1547 BootROM Software Version 5.0.1.10553

Thank you in advance for your assistance! 

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello BYHelpDesk,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The first thing that strikes me is the fact your BootROM or now called Updater is not on the correct Version. Using UC Software 4.0.8 it should be 5.0.8.xxxx

Extract from the US Software 4.0.8 Release notes:

"Note: Upgrading Updater on SoundStation IP 6000 and SoundStation IP 7000 systems Polycom strongly recommends upgrading the SoundStation IP 6000 and SoundStation IP 7000 systems to use Updater 5.0.8 to ensure that the Open SSL fix is in place before you install UC Software 4.0.8. "

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

That doesnt really help me to be honest. You didnt even put down a link for me to go to. 

Please explain in detail and provide sources.

Thanks! 

HP Recommended

Hello BYHelpDesk,

My signature contains the following:

Please ensure to always check the VoIP FAQ

Clicking on the above the first post shows:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

When attempting to download the Software for the Phone the following disclaimer appears:

Before you download and install Polycom® UC Software version 4.0.x or higher, Polycom strongly recommends that you review the changes to the upgrade procedures detailed in the Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0 Administrators’ Guide or newer and Engineering Advisory 64731 Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0: Upgrade and Downgrade Methods.

I assume the above should be sufficient.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, we have a potential Csr with the same issue, he's running on 4.0.3.7562 / 6.2.0.0089

Is the phones firmware current?

Thank you,

Abe

HP Recommended

Hello Abe,

4.0.3 is quite old so I suggest you upgrade to 4.0.8 instead.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Stefan,

After a support call with a Vonage technician (troubleshooting  phone reboots duing calls) who changed the Server User under the Provisioning Server from poly3 to poly1 -I am having a very similar issue as OP.

The LEDs do not light up at any point except briefly (red) during boot, and only (yellow) during the hardware diagnostics. I also experience the '"sip.cfg" has pre-3.3.0 parameters' warning and the phone's config is not displayed on the home screen anymore (used to be VH38232)

Should I update the Bootrom and subesquently the UC Software Version?

Software versions for affected phone:

- UC Software Version 4.0.7.2514
- BootROM Software Version 5.0.1.10553

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but I felt this was related.

Best Regards,

- Michael

HP Recommended

Hello Michael,

I struggle to see how your post about rebooting during a call and configuration errors relates to this topic where the Mute LED does not work if the mute key is pressed.

The FAQ has:

Feb 26, 2013 QuestionWhat is the meaning of the Error message "pre-3.3.0 params" or similar?

Answer Please check => here <=

Please check the above if you have wrong or old configuration parameters.

In regards of software I can recommend UCS 4.0.8 and the latest Updater 5.0.8 to be on the safe side.

The best advise is to factory default the unit and simply provision the parameters that you require to register to a server and change the time and language if required.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Stefan,

I can say with confidence that restoring to our previous configuration did fix our LED issue. I also re-updated the software version back to 4.0.7.

I have an additional question, how could I update the BootROM version from 5.0.1 to 5.0.8 in order to bring the software version to 4.0.8 without access to our provisioning server?

I was reading documentation here on the end of page 3 that said I would need to manually copy over the new ROM to to the server but our servers are managed by our VoIP provider (Vonage)

Documentation: http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/Upgrade_Downgrade_UCS_v...

Best Regards,

Michael

HP Recommended

Hello,

I've tried updating the software using the phone's Web GUI using the Polycom servers, and still cannot get the LEDs to light up when the phone is in use or by muting the phone. Current Software Version is 4.1.1.0731, BootBlock:3.0.4.001, Updater: 5.0.8.0935.

LED diagnostic indicates LED function.

Please help.

Marc

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.