Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi everybody!

I just joined a new company and I'm learning a ton of cool new things, one of them being these IP phones.

We have 10 Soundpoint IP 321 phones in our office, with the 11th in the mail.  I have upgraded two of these phones from 3.2.4 to 4.1.0 rev. I and then had to reconfigure all the non-defaults.

I already have an FTP server set up (192.168.1.42) and the phones have been upgrading from that, and I see the <MAC>-web.cfg and <MAC>-phone.cfg files containing the changes that were made to the phone's configuration.  What I'd like to do now is create a config file that will allow the following to take place:

UPGRADE TO 4.1.0-I > GET CONFIG FROM SERVER > VICTORY

I have read the following:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-VoIP-frequently-asked-questions/td-p/4205

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-I-setup-my-Phone-Provisioning-Download-Upgrade/td-p...

And I know that the phones all look to the all-zero config file, but it reads to me as they will not pull invididual configurations from here...and that they will look to the <MAC>.cfg instead.  Is there a way to set up one config file without copying it for each MAC address?  I guess that's the question I'm trying to ask here...

Any other tips are also appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I use substitutions when I provisioning my Phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition have a look at this script => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I use substitutions when I provisioning my Phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition have a look at this script => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This is the correct solution, but it will take me less time to simply copy/paste what I need into multiple files.

Thank you,

Alex

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.