SoundPoint 335 disable Calling Party Identification

SOLVED
pmcclure
Visitor

SoundPoint 335 disable Calling Party Identification

I have a customer that wants to disable incoming caller id (Calling Party Identification) on some of their phones. The phones are mostly SoundPoint 335s, I don't know what firmware versions at the moment. I have searched this forum, the web, and read the admin guide but didn't see any setting for this. Ideally this would be a setting in the phones config file. Does anyone know if such a setting exists?

Thank you.

Editing to add that they just want to disable the display of the caller id info on the phones.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundPoint 335 disable Calling Party Identification

Hello pmcclure,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I do not think this is a configurable option and you should possibly look into doing this from your SIP server end.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello pmcclure,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I do not think this is a configurable option and you should possibly look into doing this from your SIP server end.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
pmcclure
Visitor

That would explain why I didn't find anything on this no matter how much I searched. That helps a lot. Thanks. I'll look into this from the SIP server end. I would like to add that while looking through the admin guide I was suprised at the amazing amount of options available. I love having that many knobs to tweak.

Message 3 of 3