Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

When I recieve a VM the phone shows the new message on the screen and the top lamp flashes, however is it possible to set a key to call the VM server to retrieve the VM (after the user logs in)?

I noticed that the 321 handset comes with a replacement key labled "Messages" but how do I configure perhaps the Line 2 key to dial the VM server?

The handset is running v4.0.1

Kind regards,

Tom

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Tom,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We encourage all users to read the Welcome Post,  the FAQ and use the Forum Search.

The answer to your query can be found => here <=

Please be aware that some of the suggested Parameters may be different in UCS 4.0.1 since this document has not been yet updated to reflect these changes.

There are plenty of topics in here covering Hardkey and Key Parameters and the UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide should be consulted.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

I have had a look at the doc and made the changes to the features.cfg file so it now reads:

<key key.1.function.prim="" key.1.subPoint.prim="" key.2.function.prim="Messages" key.2.subPoint.prim=""></key>

This is as close as I could get to the instructions so I hope it's right. I rebooted the handset and ensured features.cfg was downloaded by the handset however how do I configure the button? Pressing it doesn't do anything at the moment. I assume I need to configure what number the handset should dial to access VM?

Kind regards,

Tom

*Update: looking on the handset Status > Platform > Config:

File: features.cfg

Errors Found: 1

😞

HP Recommended

@tomhill wrote:

<key key.1.function.prim="" key.1.subPoint.prim="" key.2.function.prim="Messages" key.2.subPoint.prim=""></key>

The Example in above was key.IP_330.10.function.prim

From the FAQ:

"Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of an Hardware Button?

Resolution: Please check => here <= "

So your SoundPointIP is listed on page 435 in the UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide as SPIP321

Please then check the UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide on Page 349 as it will show you that line key number 2 has the Key ID 10.

So this results in key.SPIP321.10.function.prim="Messages"

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry Steffen, thanks for your help but I'm strugulling with the XML. The file features.cfg contains the following line:

<key key.1.function.prim="" key.1.subPoint.prim="" key.2.function.prim="" key.2.subPoint.prim=""></key>

Since your reply I have tried changing it to:

<key key.SPIP321.10.function.prim="Messages" key.1.function.prim="" key.1.subPoint.prim="" key.2.function.prim="" key.2.subPoint.prim=""></key>

But it still comes up with the error.. Am I editing the right file? Does it matter?

Kind regards,

Tom

HP Recommended

Tom,

the App Log should show you why the phone is complaining.

Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I think the error in features.cfg is nothing to worry about.  I get 1 error reported in mine, and it's just this:

000035.942|cfg  |*|03|Prm|Config/features.cfg: Value 9999 for configuration parameter dir.local.contacts.maxNum is too large, using 99, the maximum allowed

If your app log (As Steffen mentioned) shows that message as well, then I'd say the error is not related to your Messages button.

The way I've set up access to voicemail is by setting the msg.mwi.1.callBack parameter in sip-interop.cfg to the appropriate extension.  I'm guessing the "Messages" button activates the extension listed there, so you should set that and see if it works.

HP Recommended

Hi cmdrwalrus,

That's exactly what I get actually.

0308134515|cfg  |*|03|Prm|RNfeatures.cfg: Value 9999 for configuration parameter dir.local.contacts.maxNum is too large, using 99, the maximum allowed

Also, from a seperate post sip(url?) dialling is back! I'm not having much luck with this test handset..

Tom

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I am unsure what kind of configuration you are using or have modified but to get back to the original Topic below a working simple registration:

<voicemail key.SPIP321.10.function.prim="Messages" reg.1.address="3009" reg.1.auth.password="3009" reg.1.auth.userId="3009" reg.1.label="3009"  reg.1.server.1.address="10.252.75.119/>

Pressing the Line 2 Button brings up the message center and I can access my Voicemail (phone dials own number).

If you require additional assistance from Polycom Support to troubleshoot this issue please raise this via your Polycom Reseller as this is outside the scope of this Polycom Community for Polycom employed support personnel.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

My handset does that also but I want to change the number it dials to dial our voicemail server, is that possible?

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.