Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi everybody,

i'm trying to get my Polycom station working in a fallback scenario, here a brief description of my environment:

- sound station IP 6000

- SIP software version: 3.3.3.0069

- BootROM version: 4.3.1.0887

under "SIP Configuration Parameters" Servers i have set this:

- No Outbound Proxy

- Server 1 with an IP address and UDP transport

- Server 2 with an IP address and UDP transport --> i suppose this is for backup in the event of Server 1 failure

My SIP Registrar Server is a Cisco Call Manager v9. Now Server1 is the primary Cisco Server and Server2 is the secondary Cisco Server.

I can get my Polycom registering to the primary Server1, but when i switch Server1 off the Polycom does not switch to Server2.

I'm new on Polycom products, so i want to ask you, if you can lead me to a step by step configuration\upgrading of the station, to get fallback working

regards

marco

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

with DNS SRV i get fallback to Server 2 working

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.