we are pleased to announce the UC Software 5.7.0 for both openSIP and Skype for Business.
For a full list of features and fixes, please have a look at the Release Notes.
Using Bluetooth Devices with VVX 600 Phones:
- On the VVX 600 and 601 business media phones, you can connect a Bluetooth device such as a smartphone or headset to handle audio calls. You can discover Bluetooth-enabled smartphones or headsets by enabling the Bluetooth feature on VVX phones. By default, this feature is disabled. After your Polycom UC Software 5.7.0 system administrator has enabled this feature on the phone, you can enable Bluetooth and connect either a Bluetooth-capable smartphone or headset to your phone.
Example => here <=
The Polycom Acoustic Fence feature improves background noise suppression when you are using the phone handset or a headset connected to the headset port.
With this release, Acoustic Fence is disabled by default for headsets and enabled by default for handsets. In addition, you can now display a setting on phones to allow users to enable Acoustic Fence from the phone.
Reset Phone without Administrator Password:
- Polycom UC Software allows you configure this feature using up.basicSettings.factoryResetEnable parameter allowing users to restore the phone to factory default settings without the need to enter administrator's password.
To reset the phone:
- On the VVX business media phone, go to Settings > Basic > Reset to Factory.
Prevent Call Park on Busy Orbits:
- Polycom UC Software allows you to restrict users to park an active call to a call orbit which already has a call parked. You can configure this feature using attendant.resourceList.x.rejectParkOnBusy parameter.
Enhanced Feature Keys Enhancements:
- Polycom UC Software 5.7.0 allows you to assign an Enhanced Feature Key as a line key using feature.EFKLineKey.enabled parameter.
After you enable this feature, all the EFK macros that are configured using efk.eklist parameter having efk.efklist.x.status=1, display as a line key.
Before you enable this feature using feature.EFKLineKey.enabled, make sure the value of the parameter feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled is set to 1.
The Icon for this is the Pin
<test feature.EFKLineKey.enabled="1" efk.efklist.1.action.string="ReplaceWithNumber"
The above would add a phone number with a name
Default Off-Hook Phone Screen:
- Polycom UC Software 5.7.0 allows the VVX 101, 201, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx and 6xx series business media phones series to display the Lines view as the default phone screen in an off-hook mode or during an active call.
Use the following parameters to configure default off-hook phone screen:
E911 Location Service:
E.911 works either via LLDP-MED, DHCP (Option 99) or a LIS System as Redsky
SIP emergency message:
VVX business media phones can receive SIP emergency instant text messages. You can configure audio alerts for incoming instant messages and set the duration of time that emergency messages display.
Configure emergency instant messages using the following parameters:
The feature expects a SIP Message with Priority: emergency
Voice over Secure IP
Polycom UC Software now allows you to configure your phone to dynamically use either Secure Real Time Protocol (SRTP) or Real Time Protocol (RTP) depending on the media security mechanisms negotiated between phone and outbound proxy using Voice over Secure IP (VoSIP).
When you enable this feature using reg.X.rfc3329MediaSec.enable parameter, the voice signals are transferred securely between endpoints without the need to introduce multiple lines in the Session.
The BroadSoft Executive-Assistant feature now enables users to quickly access the Executive or Assistant menu from the Home screen depending on their assignment. In addition, executive users can Polycom UC Software 5.7.0 now choose a filter criteria for filtered calls from the phone instead of only from the BroadSoft BroadCloud Portal.
Choose a Theme for Your Phone:
On VVX 300, 400, 500, and 600 series business media phones, you can choose a theme for your phone that controls the way the icons and screens display. You can choose from the following themes:
- Classic (default)
- Modern (only on VVX 500/501 and 600/601)
- BroadSoft (available when signed into your BroadSoft account
The following figures show the differences between the themes:
Skype for Business Enhancements
Direct Inward Dialing Number on VVX Platforms
- On VVX 300, 400, 500, and 600 series business media phones with the Skype for Business Base Profile, the Direct Inward Dialing (DID) number assigned to the user on the Skype for Business server displays on the on the Lock, Home, and Incoming Call screens. This feature is enabled by default on supported phones with the Skype Base Profile or shipped with Skype for Business enabled.
The following exampleshows the DID number on the screen of a VVX 500 series business media phone.
Web Proxy Auto Discovery (WPAD)
- The Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Protocol (WPAD) feature enables Polycom phones to locate the URL of a Proxy Auto- Configuration (PAC) file you configure.
You can configure WPAD using configuration parameters on your provisioning server, DHCP, or DNS-A protocol mechanism to discover the PAC file location.
Values you configure using parameters take precedence over DHCP and DNS-A.
Polycom phones support Basic, Digest, and NTLM Authentication mechanisms to authenticate with a proxy server. Microsoft recommends using Blue Coat proxy with this feature.
Note: If the proxies you configure in the PAC file or configuration file are either invalid or unreachable with a working fallback proxy, the time to register with Skype for Business is delayed and the responsiveness of features that support WPAD degrade.
Polycom UC Software allow users to sign-in on to the host phone or a common area phone as a guest user using Hot-Desking feature. When this feature is configured on the Skype for Business server and configuration parameter is enabled, a Guest soft key displays on the phone user interface. The guest user can sign-in to the host phone by pressing the Guest soft key followed by one of the signin methods:
- User ID
- Pin Authentication
- Via PC
- Online Web Sign-In
The following parameter configures host desking:
Once the User is signed out you are presented with the sign in screen
Common Area Phone User
- Polycom UC Software allows you to configure the phone with Common Area Phone (CAP) mode. This allows limited access to users accessing the common area phone. By default, the CAP mode is disabled on the phone and can you can enable this feature using feature.CAP.enabled parameter.
- You can configure your phone to enable users to navigate directly to the BToE feature menu using homeScreen.BToE.enable parameter. The user can directly view the BToE Widget menu and bypass navigating to Settings > Features > BTOE to manage the BToE feature settings.
Enhancements to Manual Pairing of Phone using BToE
- You can now manually pair a Skype for Business-enabled phone to BToE application installed on your computer using a wired or wireless network.
However, the manual pairing feature no longer requires you to connect the Ethernet cable from your computer to the PC port on your phone.
When the phone is set to manually pair with your computer connected to a reachable network, the phone generates a pairing code that you must enter into the Polycom BToE Connector application to pair. You must have the Polycom BToE Connector application, version 3.7.0 or later, to use the enhanced manual pairing feature.
SILK Audio Codec Parameters
- The Skype for Business SILK audio codec is only supported for the VVX 501 and 601.
BToE 3.7.0 New or Enhanced Features
The Polycom BToE Connector application 3.7.0 now supports following:
- BToE support in Citrix XenDesktop VDI Environment
- VDI Session Management for pairing and unpairing
You can pair and unpair the VVX business media phone with the BToE application installed in a Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). When the VDI session is closed or disconnected, the phone automatically unpairs with the BToE application. The VVX business media phone re-pairs when the session is started provided the cached passcode is not changed.
- Manual Pairing support without PC Port Dependency
Polycom UC Software 5.7.0 now allows you to manually pair the Skype for Business-enabled phone to the BToE application installed on your computer using wired or wireless network. This means you are no longer required to connect the Ethernet cable from your computer to the PC port on your phone to enable the manual pairing feature. When the phone is set to manually pair with your network connected computer, the phone generates a pairing code that you must enter into the Polycom BToE Connector application to pair.
- Quality of Service (QoS) support for Playback Session over wired network
VVX phones can set the Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) value for BToE media playback sessions by creating a Group Policy on a computer configured with BToE or by sharing the DSCP value with the BToE application itself and having it set the DSCP value for media passed to the phone.
If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not
reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer. ----------------
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections