Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

we are proud to announce our latest Trio UC Software 5.9.0AA release => here <=.

NOTE: This post is work in progress and will be updated!

What’s In this Release:

What is “Sandbox” In this release?

NOTE: Sandbox is experimental and not officially supported by Poly support and may be withdrawn in future versions!

Link to the previous 5.8.0 Rev AA => here <=

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

New screen layout options for CONTENT

Provides customers with better display layout options for displaying content and people video on multiple monitors. Eliminates the need for a 3rd party switcher in the room when using 3 displays.

SANDBOX:

NOTE: Sandbox is experimental and not officially supported by Poly support and may be withdrawn in future versions!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!--Description: Configures the Modular Room hub device to support up to 3 display modules (for up to 3 total screens) and one additional daisychained microphone and speaker device.-->
<PHONE_CONFIG>
  <ALL mr.pair.maxDevices="5" mr.pair.maxDevices.videoIoModules="3" />
</PHONE_CONFIG>

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

H.323 & H.239 Support

NOTE: Sandbox is experimental and not officially supported by Poly support and may be withdrawn in future versions!

Poly Trio now supports H.323

<test	reg.limit="2"
		reg.2.displayName="Trio-H.323"
		reg.2.label="H.323"
		reg.2.protocol.H323="1"
		reg.2.protocol.SIP="0"
		reg.2.server.H323.1.address="<H.323_Server>"
		sec.H235.mediaEncryption.enabled="1"
		sec.H235.mediaEncryption.offer="0"
		sec.H235.mediaEncryption.require="0"
		voIpProt.H323.enable="1" />

HP Recommended

EagleEye Cube HDCI Camera

imagePTZ & Tracking ControlsimageNew Camera ControlsimageTracking ControlimageCamera Preferences

HP Recommended

Customize Trio In-Call Screen Drawer Icons

Trio UC Software 5.9.0 added an administrator to minimize the number of icons in the call drawer.

Users are finding the call options too busy and with certain configurations, the functions in the call drawer overlap. The ability to hide the transfer and mute free up space and reduce unnecessary softkeys.

imageBeforeimageAfter

HP Recommended

Answer the incoming call with a mute button

Trio UC Software 5.9.0 added new functionality which allows end users of Trio to answer an incoming call from any Mute button.

If the mute button is activated red if an inbound call comes in, the mute button changes to flashing green to indicate an incoming call. Press the answer button on the touch screen or any of the flashing green mute buttons to answer the call

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<PHONE_CONFIG>
    <ALL
	up.callAnswerWithMuteButton="1"
    />
</PHONE_CONFIG>

Simply download the attached example configuration and import via the Web Interface:

• Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration

HP Recommended

Daisy chain identification

Network Devices Settings Page for the device (slave) will be white while the Hub (master) will be black. Also in the UI, you will see a blue line at either the top or bottom of the screen

imageMasterimageSlave

Simply download the attached example configuration and import via the Web Interface:

Daisy chain start/stop in advance menu

In a daisy-chained Trio, the stop/start pairing was exposed in the user level menus of the device (slave) Trio.
In UC Software 5.9, the security of stop/start pairing is now secured for administrators under the settings / advanced / network devices menu preventing users from accidentally or intentionally disconnecting Trio daisy-chain pairings.

HP Recommended

HDMI CONTENT SHARE AT IDLE

Utilizing a Poly Trio with a VisualPro and additional content sharing device like the Poly PANO to automatically display HDMI content by default when the Trio is idle.

Sample Configuration:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<PHONE_CONFIG>
    <ALL
        	mr.localContent.autoDisplay.idle="1"
	mr.localContent.autoDisplay.idle.autoResumeTimeout="1"
    />
</PHONE_CONFIG>

Resume Timeout for content is the combination of idle.timeout + mr.localContent.autoDisplay.idle.autoResumeTimeout

1. If a call is placed, the content will stop immediately
  2. Once the call ends, the content displays immediately
  3. When content is started and stopped within the call, when the call is ended, content will be displayed after the combined resume timeout explained above.

HP Recommended

Network devices graph

Via Settings => Status => Diagnostic => Graphs => Networked Devices

imageimageimage

The above can help administrators and field support staff to troubleshoot and understand the performance of network devices.

HP Recommended

Daisy chain start/stop in advance menu

In daisy-chain Trio scenario, the stop/start pairing was exposed in the user level menus of the device (slave) Trio.

In UCS 5.9, the security of stop/start pairing is now secured for administrators under the Settings => Advanced => Network Devices menu preventing users from accidentally or intentionally disconnecting Trio daisy-chain pairings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.