we are pleased to annouce the release of the Polycom Trio UC Software 5.7.2 Rev AA.
- Polycom Trio System Support for Cisco WebEx
The Cisco WebEx application enables users to join scheduled meetings with one click. Note you cannot host a Cisco WebEx meeting on a Polycom Trio system.
For instructions, see the Polycom Unified Communications for Cisco WebEx – Deployment Guide on Polycom Support.
- Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol Parameters
Use the Release Notes documented parameters to configure Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP).
Polycom Labs Experimental Features:
- Large Room Audio Coverage (Audio daisy-chaining over IP)
This release includes a Polycom Labs experimental feature that allows you to pair two Polycom Trio systems (with or without a paired Polycom Trio Visual+, VisualPro, or Group Series system) via IP for enhanced audio performance in large or acoustically challenging rooms. When the two Polycom Trio systems are paired, the speakers and microphones act as a single speaker and microphone array for superior acoustic performance.
Implement Audio Daisy-Chaining over IP
To improve audio in large or acoustically challenging rooms, you can pair two Polycom Trio systems to achieve a single speaker and microphone array for superior acoustic performance.
Before you begin, you must ensure that:
- Both Polycom Trio systems are connected to the same network subnet.
- The network supports multicast and multicast is enabled.
- Both Polycom Trio systems are running UC Software 5.7.2AA or later.
- The parameter mr.pair.maxDevices="2" or higher
The following refers to Trio A and Trio B to help distinguish device behavior as you complete steps.
- On Trio A, go to Settings > Advanced > Networked Devices, and set Networked Device Role to HUB.
- On Trio B, go to Settings > Advanced > Networked Devices, and set Networked Device Role to DEVICE.
Trio B may reboot. If Trio B does not reboot, reboot manually. Note that the Trio B set to DEVICE must reboot for the setting to take effect.
- After the Trio B reboots, follow the onscreen instructions that display on the Trio A and Trio B to complete the pairing.
In addition, we fixed various filed issues as noted in the release notes.
Link to the previous 5.7.1 Rev AC => here <=
If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not
reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer. ----------------
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections