Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

All the documentation I've found says that OpenSIP is only supported on 6.2.11; older versions (such as 5.9.13.0306) only support MS Teams or Skype for Business.

But my team and I have just completed some testing on a CCX 500 (Part Number 3111-49710-001 Rev:A) and have found evidence to suggest there's either an error in the documentation or in the firmware releases. Please correct us if we're mistaken.

When running 6.2.11.1323, the only available Base Profile options are "Microsoft" and "Skype." The "Generic" profile is not available via the UI; when I try to set device.baseProfile to "Generic" via provisioning, the phone instead uses the "Microsoft" profile. No matter which profile is selected, the device fails to register.

When running 5.9.13.0306, the available Base Profile options are "Generic" and "Skype." So although OpenSIP is apparently not supposed to be supported in this release, it provisions and registers with our service as expected.

Is there something I'm misunderstanding? Or was 6.2.11.1323 packaged incorrectly, or does the software matrix and other documentation reflect incorrect information?

Thanks in advance for your time.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Aaron ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

At present, unlike the previous VVX phones, the CCX range ordered as a -019 aka Microsoft SKU only supports Teams (CCX400 (Software 1.0.1,500 and 600) and Skype for Business (CCX500 & 600).

The -025 SKU supports openSIP only aka at present you cannot run the phone in "Hybrid" mode using Skype for Business and openSIP at the same time.

This may change in later software versions. For now:

• If you want to test openSIP order -025 (UC Software 6.2.11.xxxx)
  • If you want to test Teams order -019 (UC Software 5.9.13.0306)
    The CCX500 and 600 can be switched to Skype for Business

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffan, thanks for the quick response.

We were doing testing on a customer's behalf and didn't order a particular product. We don't need to run a "Hybrid" mode, only openSIP.

Documentation suggests that openSIP is not supported in 5.9.13.0306, but the "generic" base profile is an option and it does work in our openSIP environment.

We loaded UC Software 6.2.11.1323 but could not use it in our openSIP environment, and the "generic" base profile was not an option.

Why is this the case?

HP Recommended

Hello @Aaron ,

I try to explain this a final time in more detail. After this please work with a Poly reseller and/or Poly sales engineer/Poly Support if you have any more questions.

Poly introduced initially the following CCX products using the -019 SKU with the following Base Profiles:

Model Software Supported Base Profile
CCX400 > 1.0.0.0200 Teams
CCX500 > 5.9.12. Skype for Business / Teams
CCX500 > 5.9.12. Skype for Business / Teams
CCX600 > 5.9.12. Skype for Business / Teams

More on this here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What SIP or UC or Obi Edition Software version or Updater / BootROM Version is supported by my Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

With the release of Software 6.2.11 for the CCX400, CCX500, CCX600 and CCX700 we introduced the -025 SKU as follows:

Model Software Supported Base Profile
CCX400 > 6.2.11 openSIP
CCX500 > 6.2.11 openSIP
CCX600 > 6.2.11 openSIP
CCX700 > 6.2.11 openSIP

More on this also here:

Sep 17, 2014 Question: What Software Version will Polycom ship phones with?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

As stated in the 6.2.11 Release Notes:

• Important:
    Poly CCX Business Media Phones with OpenSIP use the Generic base profile and don’t support the Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business base profiles.

It also mentions for both the CCX 400:

• Important:
    CCX 6.2.11 is not certified for Microsoft Teams. Do not upgrade your CCX phone until the software is certified and available in the Teams admin center.

and the CCX 500 and CCX 600:

• Important:
    CCX 6.2.11 is not certified for Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business on CCX 500 and CCX 600 phones. Do not upgrade your CCX phone to Teams until the software is certified and available in the Teams admin center.

The actual release notes cover the Software version available for both Hardware SKU's but hopefully now makes it clear that a -019 SKU as you already have for Microsoft Teams and/or Skype for Business (if compatible) cannot run openSIP as this comes from the factory only for phones with the -025 SKU.

Therefore if you want to test the openSIP capabilities please purchase the correct hardware.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for taking the time to restate. I understand the difference between the purchase SKUs, and if the only distinction is the firmware the device is initially running, then that makes sense.

But if another firmware revision could be installed, then I'm not sure what difference it makes since I'm just going to load a revision of my choosing.

In one of the latest links you provided, the table says (in part):

PhoneSoftware VersionLatest VersionCall Server
CCX500> 5.9.12. Skype for Business / Teams
CCX500> 6.2.11. openSIP

But contrary to the above table, when we installed 6.2.11, openSIP was not supported. And when we installed 5.9.13, Teams was not supported but openSIP was.

We have people bringing their own phones to our service all the time, and we do our best to support their use. My team has physical possession of a CCX 500, but we didn't make the purchase. Nothing on the label or in the web UI obviously calls out a SKU; perhaps I have a fundamental misunderstanding of how to look at a CCX phone and determine if it's a -019 or -025 SKU.

I'm only attempting to help the community, not to get resolution on an issue we're experiencing. We have a CCX 500 and found a way to make it work on an openSIP environment (install 5.9.13).

All I'm trying to point out in this thread is that our observations run contrary to what I'm understanding from the documentation I've reviewed thus far. It appears the documentation is either incorrect, or very unclear.

Thanks again for your time.

HP Recommended

Hello @Aaron ,

The actual SKU is only printed on the box but we can identify based on the MAC.

At present, there should not be any openSIP -025 SKU in the field. I am not aware where your users are getting the hardware from (Could be beta etc.) so I am only talking about GA hardware.

If you purchased a -019 SKU you should not be able to see openSIP as a base profile or at least it is not supported by Poly.

The introduction of 6.2.11 brought the openSIP feature to phones for -025 SKU and can be used with official Poly support.

If you require any further information other than us, volunteers, in the community can try to provide please open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.