Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just purchased a VVX 500 for use in my home office and am unable to connect to the phone via the web configuration software. The IP address is not recognized by the broswer and if I ping the IP address I get a "communication prohibted by filter" message. I have followed the instructions to set the phone as a standalone handset in QT 44011 (Registering Standalone Polycom® SoundPoint® IP, SoundStation® IP, and VVX® 1500 Phones) but this still does not rectify the problem. I have the phone connected to the ethernet line and my laptop connected to the phone. 

Can anyone help me with this? Is there a setting someone that I need to change somewhere?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Ronan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This sounds like a network issue on your end. Is there a firewall or any other software installed that could prevent it.

What IP address is assigned to the phone?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

There is no firewall or other software insatlled that could prevent the phone from accessing the network. The IP address assigned to the phone is 192.168.8.82. All other VoIP phones I have tried at this connection point (Yealink and SIemens Gigaset) work just fine and I can immediately get them set up with my hosted VoIP provider. However, no matter what I do with the VVX500 I am unable to get it working.

HP Recommended

Hello Ronan,

is this a brand new VVX500 or is it a used unit.

You can configure the Web Interface to either be on a different port or disable this all together.

I would suggest you attempt to factory restore the phone and if this still does not work contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

This is a brand new phone. I have also tried resetting to factory defaults just in case but the same problem persists. I purchased this phone from PC Business World who say they do not have the support in-house. Polycom will not support my request directly and said to refer it back to to my reseller. I contacted one of the other large Polycom resellers (Nimans) and they infromed me that they will not support a phone that I did not buy directly from them and instead referred me to their sales team (presumbaly so that I would instead buy a phone from them to get the help I was asking for on this phone). As you can see this has been going around and around in circles for over a week. Extremely disappointed by Polycom's customer/technical support on this and will be returning the phone for a refund tomorrow. If Polycom is unwilling to support a product directly then they should not sell the product to providers who cannot provide the necessary support directly to the customers who buy it from them. I have never purchased a product before where the manufacturer did not provide technical support for setup.

Thanks,

Ronan. 

HP Recommended

Hello Ronan,

we do not support End Customers via phone but you should easily be able to open a web service request as the unit is new and in warranty.

Please follow this up that way and reference this post here.

If that fails please send me a message via the community mail system and provide your MAC address.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for letting me know that I could submit a request via the web. This was not communicated to me when I called on the phone. I have submitted a web request and hopefully they can hsort me out.

Appreciate the help,

Ronan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.