Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey Guys,

I am programming a EFK button to accept one digit input (parking lot number), but when the button is pressed, it defaults to ASCII as the input selection. Has there been any updates to the firmware to allow a XML config parameter to set the default to 123, or is there a way to define the input to only be numbers?

<efk>
<version efk.version="2" />
<efklist
efk.efklist.1.mname="retrieve"
efk.efklist.1.status="1"
efk.efklist.1.label="retrieve"
efk.efklist.1.use.idle="1"
efk.efklist.1.action.string="*71$P1N1$"
/>
<efkprompt
efk.efkprompt.1.status="1"
efk.efkprompt.1.label="Parking Extension Number"
/>
</efk>
<softkey
softkey.1.label="Retrieve"
softkey.1.action="*71$P1N1$"
softkey.1.enable="1"
softkey.1.use.active="0"
softkey.1.use.hold="0"
softkey.1.use.idle="1"
softkey.1.precede="1"
softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant="1"
/>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello extremerotary,

the first document to check for any queries is the UCS Admin Guide matching your current software release.

If for example the UCS 5.0.0 Admin Guide is consulted you find the Enhanced Feature Key Examples describing on page 183:

The label on the user prompt has been defined as Enter Number: and this prompt will display on the phone screen. The type parameter has been set to numeric to allow only numbers and because userfeedback has been specified as visible, you will be able to see the numbers you enter into the prompt.

Above is just an example and further details can be found in the Admin Guide.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello extremerotary,

the first document to check for any queries is the UCS Admin Guide matching your current software release.

If for example the UCS 5.0.0 Admin Guide is consulted you find the Enhanced Feature Key Examples describing on page 183:

The label on the user prompt has been defined as Enter Number: and this prompt will display on the phone screen. The type parameter has been set to numeric to allow only numbers and because userfeedback has been specified as visible, you will be able to see the numbers you enter into the prompt.

Above is just an example and further details can be found in the Admin Guide.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks for the info - I have the Admin Manual and did look through it, but couldn't find it in the 590 page manual. Probably because I was looking for the word "input". Alas, I'm glad there are guys like you who know that manual front to back and inside out!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.