Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @Folkert , @TonyGuadagno  and @AllenArmstrong ,

as a workaround until this is added to our next builds:

• Browswe to the Web Interface > Settings > Network > TLS
  • Copy the following URL to Platform CA 1
    https://crt.sh/?id=1199354
  • Click on install

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @AllenArmstrong 

our FAQ contains this:

Jan 27, 2015 Question:How can I verify the certificate validity period used with the Poly VVX / CCX / Trio Phone software?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

In addition, the Software mentioned by yourself is the LYNC software and should not be used for openSIP.

The correct software for openSIP is UC Software 4.0.15

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

hi, i just tried that and it failed, this was in the log....any idea?

0605092706|copy |4|03|SSL_connect error SSL connect error.error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version
0605092707|copy |4|03|SSL_connect error SSL connect error.error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version
0605092708|copy |4|03|SSL_connect error SSL connect error.error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version

HP Recommended

er...humm....ok...i will look into that.  but getting them working again is the most important thing right now.

thanks for the tip

HP Recommended

Hello @TonyGuadagno ,

A quick Google search >here< finds a post in our community >here<.

Not knowing what other modifications you made to the phone configuration it is hard to try and help.

You could try and lower the copy logging level to Event 3 so we get more information on what the phone is communicating with.

Oct 11, 2011 Question: How can I troubleshoot configuration Issues via Log Files or the phone GUI?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

this is what i get for event 3

0605093741|copy |4|03|SSL_connect error SSL connect error.error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version
0605093742|copy |4|03|SSL_connect error SSL connect error.error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version
0605093743|copy |4|03|SSL_connect error SSL connect error.error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version
0605093743|res |4|03|[ResFinderC]: Download - Failed to download file https://crt.sh/?id=1199354, errno 0x38000f.
HP Recommended

Hello @TonyGuadagno ,

The phone has an issue to connect to the Web Site and therefore fail. It could be the minimum SSL/TLS version or many other things.

Please copy the below, store as sectigo.cfg and import via the Web Interface:

<web device.set="1"
		device.sec.TLS.customCaCert1.set="1"
		device.sec.TLS.customCaCert1="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"
	/>

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

hi, first, i want to thank you for sticking with this.  your workaround allowed me to bring the phones back up....thanks!

i have some followup questions:

1.  will my provisioned config overwrite the ca cert i just uploaded? ( i am not sending any ca certs in the provisioned config)

2.  will a factory reset wipe out the ca i uploaded?

3.  could you please make sure that this cert is added as well as the usertrust cert, this is the one we actually use

https://crt.sh/?id=1282303295

HP Recommended

Hello @TonyGuadagno ,

1. The phone will upload a mac-web.cfg where it stores the certificate. As long as your server does not set another Platform device it is fine
  2. Yes as from factory the phone does not contain additional certificates. Should not be an issue in a properly set up network as the DHCP server provides the phone with the location of the Provisioning server and downloads, therefore, its configuration
  3. We already have internal tickets open for this and we will add the right certificates.

You can simply add this as well:

<web device.set="1"
		device.sec.TLS.customCaCert2.set="1"
		device.sec.TLS.customCaCert2="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"
	/>

EDIT: I have attached a configuration that you can download, unzip and import via the Web Interface Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.