Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

How do you capture the phone screen in the Trio 8800?

The document in FAQ section does not list the Trio 8800.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello midnytblu,

how about simply testing it or checking the admin guide?

As a voluntary member within this community all the time spend here is my spare time (as stated in my signature)

Of course it is supported and as the above FAQ post explains simply not mentioned in the FAQ as the product in question came out after the FAQ was created.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello midnytblu,

welcome  back to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 25, 2015 Question: Why do most FAQ posts not mention the VVX101, VVX201, VVX301, VVX311, VVX401, VVX411, VVX501, VVX601, RealPresence Trio, VVX D60 or CX5500?

ResolutionMost FAQ posts have been written before these new phones had been introduced. Please check the Admin Guide and/or Release notes for compatibility issues.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for pointing that out though I have no issue with that.

So back to my original question, is there a way to capture the phone screen on the Trio 8800?

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Hello midnytblu,

how about simply testing it or checking the admin guide?

As a voluntary member within this community all the time spend here is my spare time (as stated in my signature)

Of course it is supported and as the above FAQ post explains simply not mentioned in the FAQ as the product in question came out after the FAQ was created.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Stefan,

Thank you. I was able to make it work now.

I actually did check out the admin guide before making this post but apparently I wasn't looking hard enough. My mistake.

HP Recommended

With respect Steffen, while you know your stuff, your responses tend to be overly negative and borderline rude - sometimes not even borderline.

Please reconsider posting negative replies such as this. Far better not to reply at all and leave it to someone else in the forum.

Regarding whether your participation is voluntary or not, all your postings are marked "Polycom Employee & Community Manager". If you are not responding on behalf of Polycom, you should not include this claim.

HP Recommended

Hello @Alistair_B,

First of all thank you to yourself and apologize to anyone who has taken offence to this tongue in cheek reply.

To explain my native language is not English so sometimes a reply posted may imply a different meaning than what I actually wanted to say.

In this specific reply I had assumed my original reply was sufficient for the original poster to utilize the feature and/or check current Admin Guides.

I have since then made the fact that this is also applicable to the Trio or Visual+ and any other phone models clear within the FAQ.

In regards of my Title this is an automatic setting in order to enable me to Edit, Move, Delete posts or ban users.

I will work on my “style” of replies and thanks again for taking your time and highlighting this shortfall.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I have a Polycom Trio 8800

I have gone through these instructions:  https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-How-can-I-create-a-Screen-Capture-of-the-phone-...

I can confirm updating the config file worked as I now have the option to enable screen capture.  The problem is that when using 

up.screenCapture.value="1"

It does not seem to keep screen capture enabled.  This is an issue as I am tryign to get capture of the Zoom App.  In order to launch the Zoom app it reboots the Trio.  Any ideas on making sure the parameter above saves successfully so it does not disable at reboot?

Thanks!

Ryan

HP Recommended

Hello @rhersey ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Zoom Room application is its own standalone application and does not use the UC Software Parameters. 

I suggest you work with Zoom for screenshots if needed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Let's ignore the Zoom part for now. 

If I add up.screenCapture.enabled="1" to the config I am able to see the screen capture options at Settings>Basic>Preferences>Screen Capture and can set it to enabled.  It still doesn't allow me to browse to https://device IP/CaptureScreen  - I end up with the "The document requested was not found on this server." message.

If I add up.screenCapture.value="1" to the config nothing happens.

The Trio 8800 is running 5.8.0.15024

Thanks!

Ryan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.