Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
there is an error message appear on the LCD "Network is down".
this message appear after upgrading from version 3.0.
the SSIP 6000 is registered successfully to the call manager and the calls works normally.
we upgraded four units from version 3.0 to version 4.0.1 and all shows the same error message. the units are connected POE.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

you mentioned the Call Manager in your original Topic.

Please be aware that the Cisco Call Manager Platform is not a supported SIP Platform for the SoundStation, SoundPoint and VVX Phones.

Our technology Partner Cisco does sell Polycom manufactured Conference Devices like the 7936 and the 7937.

Could you be more specific what you are actually doing with this Phone?

Does it get a complete set of IP Address, IP Gateway, Subnet, DNS and SNTP via the DHCP Server or have you manually provided all these Settings ?

I did attempt to replicate this in my Lab and can confirm if all above is set manually the phone registeres fine but shows:

SSIP6000_Network_is_down.png

I would advise you to work with your Polycom Reseller and / or with Polycom Support and raise this as a ticket. I am aware that it does not affect the functionality and is a more a cosmetic issue. I have raised this internally as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

this message is normal as the behavior how the configuration is loaded has changed since ucs 4.0.x.

It should disappears after the unit has fully booted and will not affect the service.

If the message consists after booting (2 minutes or later) you should contact your Polycom Reseller for further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

if the FTP server is not reachable can it be the cause of this error message?

becuase i'm sure that the HW is fine it appeared only after the upgrade to version 4.0.1 but i'm wondring if its due to FTP not reachable?

HP Recommended

if ound this in the 4.0.1 release note:

Phone now displays the error message ‘Network link is down’ when the DHCP server is down (applies to SoundPoint IP 335, 450, 560, 670).

currently i'm configuring the unites with static IPs is it the cause of the problem?

HP Recommended

Is there any way to ignore this message and not let it appear

HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

you mentioned the Call Manager in your original Topic.

Please be aware that the Cisco Call Manager Platform is not a supported SIP Platform for the SoundStation, SoundPoint and VVX Phones.

Our technology Partner Cisco does sell Polycom manufactured Conference Devices like the 7936 and the 7937.

Could you be more specific what you are actually doing with this Phone?

Does it get a complete set of IP Address, IP Gateway, Subnet, DNS and SNTP via the DHCP Server or have you manually provided all these Settings ?

I did attempt to replicate this in my Lab and can confirm if all above is set manually the phone registeres fine but shows:

SSIP6000_Network_is_down.png

I would advise you to work with your Polycom Reseller and / or with Polycom Support and raise this as a ticket. I am aware that it does not affect the functionality and is a more a cosmetic issue. I have raised this internally as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

the SSIP6000 didn't got the ip through DHCP so i set it manually.

All function is running fine even conference calls, but the customer satisfied by the functionality but he needs to remove the error message as it is questioned from his management

so if there is way to remove the message from XML or config files it will be good.

HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

this seems like a bug in the current UCS 4.0.1 to me but is only cosmetic as it is not affecting the unit.

There is no way to remove this and you would need to downgrade to UCS 3.3.4 or lower if the Customer does not like the message or use DHCP.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.