Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

SPLIT BY MOD FROM => here <=

I am having this problem intermittently on a new Intel based 64 bit PC running the latest version of Windows 7. The device always functions with Skype but the buttons sometimes are working and then later do not. I have the latest software version 3.0.0.29. Rebooting usually restores the functionality, if not, changing the USB port also works. Love the device not so much the software 🙂  Any idea what may be causing this?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Tony,

do the Buttons and lights always work when using the Polycom App?

If yes, please log a ticket with Skype.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

No, this is independent of Skype I think.  The volume control should work even when Skype is not running. It appears as if some part of the software is failing. The Polycom app is still running but when I bring up the interface and test the buttons sometimes the buttons are not working even though the mic and speakers are.

HP Recommended

Hi Tony,

I have split this post as it is not the same issue as the originally replied post.

Please liaise with your Polycom Reseller so they can log a ticket with our support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen I bought this about 5 yrs ago and I don't remember who the company was that I bought it from. Can you tell me how to submit a request. By the way I have just booted the computer and the buttons are again not working. When I  shut the machine down they were!?

HP Recommended

Tony,

the manufacturers warranty covers 1 year only so you are unable to raise this directly with us caused by the age of the device.

I can check internally if anyone ever has had a similar issue and in the mean time could only advise to try another Windows 7 PC to check if the issue occurs there are well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I will try other computers as you suggest. It appears to be linked to the USB port as simply unplugging and re-plugging the USB connection to the same port restores the functionality.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.