Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have a SIP 7000 connected to a HDX 6000, when I press "Add Phone" and dial 5 digits to add an internal extension to a conference, when the called extension answers there is no talk path or the called extension is not added to the conference until I press "Hold" then "Resume" If I dial 9 and 10 digits (outside call) the call is in the conference as soon as the called party answers.  If I disconnect the HDX 6000, the called extension is in the conference as soon as they answer.

The user guide says " For certain audio-only a conference is not automatically created. To create a conference, press the "Add Phone soft key again"  But  I don't have that option at this point, only "Video" "Hold" and "Manage"

We have upgraded the code on both the SIP 7000 and HDX 6000.  

I tried removing the Digit Map and Digit Map Timout, no change. 

What am I missing or what should I be looking at ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello sptitze,

Please ensure always to consult the release notes, in this case HDX => here <= Page 66 advises that you at least need UCS 4.0.3 on the IP 7000.

The FAQ contains all needed information on how to upgrade the IP 7000.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello sptitze,

it is always useful posting the current software Version of either the HDX and the SSIP.

In addition, on the SSIP, is this a SIP call to an extension?

If yes, what is the SIP Server?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The SIP 7000 is registered to an Avaya Session Manager. It's SIP software version is 3.3.1.0933, the bootrom version is 4.3.0.0246. The HDX 6000  is 3.1.1.3.  The extensions I am adding to the conference are extensions on an Avaya Communication Manager (PBX) connected to the Sessiom mnage via SIP trunks.  

If I disconnect the HDX 6000 from the SIP 7000, adding an extension to a conference works as expected. 

HP Recommended

Hello sptitze,

Please ensure always to consult the release notes, in this case HDX => here <= Page 66 advises that you at least need UCS 4.0.3 on the IP 7000.

The FAQ contains all needed information on how to upgrade the IP 7000.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

That did it! Thanks Steffan, I'm embarrased, I thought I had the latest software.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.