Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

This seems to be a new issue. And I'm not the primary phone guy in my organization but I will give all info I can.

We primarily have VVX 201, 600, and 601's in our organization. We use Skype for Business 2015.

I recently rolled out 6 Common Area Phones, both 201 and 601 phones. All are running firmware version 6.2.0.4023. The phones are fully functional but in the PDMS-E the SIP status is Unknown and the SIP URI is blank. Most of the other phones in our organization properly show both that the SIP Registered and the SIP URI. I will say there are other phones I did not setup that have this odd behavior but most of the phones show the URI and SIP as Registered. I would like all the phones to work by design.

I have searched the forum and google and it's hard to find anything that matches my environment. I did see something that suggested it might be the SIP INVITE process missing something. I honestly don't know how I would troubleshoot this.

I also see that Polycom says and Unknown SIP status means: A device has multiple lines, and the registration status of all lines is unknown. I have factory reset these phones and deleted them out of the PDMS-E portal and re-added them so I am not sure how they would have multiple lines.

I do manage the SfB servers but I have little background in it and sort of fell into managing it.

I would appreciate any direction as to where and troubleshoot this.

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Russtoleum ,

you need official support which I cannot provide via the community. Lens does not need any license for the normal functionality.

There is an official migration path >here< where you export your PDMS-E configuration and simply import it into Lens.

Poly+ >here< is a chargeable feature which provides additional services

Please work with a Poly reseller if you want more details

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Apologies, I forgot to add all pertinent information.

MAC: 64:16:7F:85:A4:E9

HP Recommended

No idea if this is anything but in the app log on a working phone there is this line:

Sip registering user:capphoneuser@contoso.com display name: capphoneuser authorizing user name:'Using Login Cred' index value:0

On the phone that won't register SIP it looks like this:

Sip registering user:capphoneuser@contoso.com display name: capphoneuser authorizing user name:'' index value:0

Using Login Cred is missing. Hope that is helpful.

HP Recommended

Hello @Russtoleum ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

First of all, PDMS-E is going End of Life and customers are invited to migrate to Lens.

This is happening until 31.10.2022

Please refer to https://info.lens.poly.com/docs/category/import--migrate.

Rather than try and troubleshoot I would suggest you plan your move and start fresh. You can export your existing PDMS-E set-up and import it into Lens.

Alternatively, if you want to dig into the issue please the below logging:

Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Debug
Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > VVX/SPIP/SSIP prior to 5.5.0 = 180
Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > Trio 8300 & VVX after 5.5.0 = 1000
Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > Trio or CCX 10240
Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > Wapp Mgr > Debug

The rest of the logging levels should be set to Event 4 to not fill the logs with unrequired logging.

Lifting the handset and going back on hook should trigger a message.

It would also be of interest if this is being used with a PDMS-E cloud relay?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying and thank you for letting me know about PDMS-E. I will be talking to my boss about starting that process of moving. Hopefully he will let me start now.

In the meantime, I did change the log settings. Event 4 isn't available but Minor Error is the next one after event 3 so I am guessing that is the same. So that is what I set.

Only thing is the phone is physically quite far away from me so I can't on command lift the hook and re-cradle it. Also getting someone on-site to reliably doing that for me would be quite difficult. Is there any other way I can trigger the info you need?

Also, we do have a cloud relay box but I am at this time unable to get into it. It was implemented before I came to work here and I'm having trouble finding someone who knows how to access it. I am sure I'll be able to get into it eventually.

Thanks again for your help.

HP Recommended

Hello @Russtoleum 

yes, Minor Error is the one you should set.

I just updated our FAQ here:

Apr 21, 2015 Question: Can I use advanced remote control possibilities / CTI?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

PDMS-E should be able to dial from a phone and/or take screenshots but my colleague Brandon developed a tool that could control the phone via a mouse.

A simple reboot should also change the status.

The bottom line is PDMS-E is end of life by the above date. Lens takes over and is free in addition. Extra features can be booked for Lens.

If all fails open a support ticket (details in my signature) as PDMS-E is a paid service.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Here is the log after the alert level changes.

HP Recommended

Hello @Russtoleum 

a good way for you to compare is using the logging with a working phone and a non-working.

In addition, compare a backup from both.

May 05, 2022 Question: How can I compare a working phone to a non-working phone using a Backup?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The next step would be a ticket.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you for all your help. I have decided to just start the migration process. I do have one final question (I hope). How do I transfer the license, or do I need to?

HP Recommended

Well, I got Poly Lens all setup and migrated, to test I moved a single phone VVX 601. It works, shows that it is provisioned and active and the changes I make online are reflected on the phone but it is still not showing the other info.

I have not installed the relay OVA for lens. Is that necessary to get this info?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.