Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

So I've just recently figured out how to get rid of SIP URIs for callee ID from Received-Party-Id (feature.urlDialing.enabled="0") which made me very happy.

Now the only place I see ugly caller IDs is when a phone is in attendant mode. When a monitored phone is ringing, the attendant screen shows the full URI in the To: field, instead of the short name. Is there any way to fix this?

Using 3.3.5 on an IP450. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Miken32,

I am quite sure this is working as designed and a change would require a feature request.

This is described in the FAQ.

Please work with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So displaying a full RFC-compliant SIP URI to an end user with no technical background, instead of a name, is "as designed"? There is a reason URI display can be disabled for other cases; since this feature is the only one that retains full URI display, I would suggest this is not as designed, but rather a software bug.

We are also evaluating Aastra and SNOM phones for this deployment, hopefully one of them will have a more user-friendly display.

HP Recommended

Hello Miken32,

I had a quick chat with our developers and it depends on the dialog event notification.

I suggest you raise a case via your Polycom reseller and take it from there.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

For the record, this is the SIP NOTIFY that's getting sent. My phone (ext 101) is monitoring the status of Joe Bloggs' phone (ext 109) while it receives a call from 2501234567. The display attribute of the incoming call is getting read and used in the From: line, but the display attribute of the local extension is ignored, and the phone instead displays "sip:109@sip.foo.ca (Joe)" in the To: line. ("Joe" is being pulled from the label for the line key.)

NOTIFY sip:101@172.16.8.101 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 12.34.56.78:5060;branch=z9hG4bK3ab65c31;rport
Max-Forwards: 70
To: "Mike N" <sip:101@sip.foo.ca>;tag=37DD9128-6DBEFD7B
Call-ID: 8eb8c262-2823d745-15ec53e0@172.16.8.101
CSeq: 158 NOTIFY
User-Agent: FPBX-2.10.1(1.8.7.2)
Subscription-State: active
Event: dialog
Content-Type: application/dialog-info+xml
Content-Length: 610

<?xml version="1.0"?><dialog-info xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:dialog-info" version="56" state="full" entity="sip:109@sip.foo.ca"><dialog id="109" call-id="pickup-8eb8c262-2823d745-15ec53e0@172.16.8.101" local-tag="37DD9128-6DBEFD7B" remote-tag="as5676dc0c" direction="recipient">
<remote>
<identity display="2501234567">sip:2501234567@sip.foo.ca</identity>
<target uri="sip:2501234567@sip.foo.ca"/>
</remote>
<local>
<identity display="Joe Bloggs">sip:109@sip.foo.ca</identity>
<target uri="sip:109@sip.foo.ca"/>
</local>
<state>early</state>
</dialog>
</dialog-info>
HP Recommended

Hello Miken32,

I had another quick chat with our developers based on the trace snippet provided it should work. The Developer tried UCS 4.x.x so you should possibly consider updating.

In addition what is the call platform you are using?

As suggested before,in order to address this in UCS 3.3.5 or if it appears again in a newer version you need to raise a case via your Polycom reseller and take it from there.

In my own FAQ example => here <=, using Asterisk, it always showed as URI.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, we have not yet done any migration to 4.0 because we have many legacy phones and prefer a single software version across our client base. Perhaps we will give it a try for this deployment, which will be all newer models.

By call platform you mean server software? It is Asterisk 1.8.

HP Recommended

Confirmed this feature functions as expected in 4.0.4. "To:" field shows a properly formatted name and extension instead of a SIP URI.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.