Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've got a customer site where the front desk person is complaining that when she is on a call (IP650) she can hear a ringing in the background of the call. The person she is talking to can not hear it, but she can. 

It seems to be intermittent, so I can't debug the exact situation where this is happening.

Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas where to look?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would recommend software upgrade if you were not already running the UC 3.3.1f software.

At this point, my recommendation would be to click on the link below to create an account (if you don't have one already) and then create a service request with our PGS(Polycom Global Support) group to assist you further.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/home/home.htm

When you create a ticket please included your configuration files and an unfiltered capture taken at the phone while the issue is being reproduced for support's analysis. You can use the attachments tab to upload files to your case.

Thank you,

-Hugo

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello,

Would you please provide us with the software version(SIP and BootROM) running on this SoundPoint IP 650?

Thank you,

-Hugo

HP Recommended

I've tried SIP 3.3.1 and 3.3.0. Both with Bootrom 4.3.

HP Recommended

I would recommend software upgrade if you were not already running the UC 3.3.1f software.

At this point, my recommendation would be to click on the link below to create an account (if you don't have one already) and then create a service request with our PGS(Polycom Global Support) group to assist you further.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/home/home.htm

When you create a ticket please included your configuration files and an unfiltered capture taken at the phone while the issue is being reproduced for support's analysis. You can use the attachments tab to upload files to your case.

Thank you,

-Hugo

HP Recommended

Same here, we have run into the same issue... so it's definitely not a one-off, perhaps they have introduced a bug into 3.3.1, as going back to the 3.2.2 firmware, they are no more complaints.

HP Recommended

Hello Pkaplan,

68267 in the new UCS 3.3.2 Release should address this issue.

Best Regards 

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

NOT SOLVED

The issue is still very much an issue, and as profit-losing for polycom as last year.

Steps taken sofar

Polycom firmware:

Asterisk

standard extension macro
s,1,answer()

Scenario

1) A caller is on the phone
2) A new call comes in
3) Caller hears annoying ringing

HP Recommended

@fixit wrote:

NOT SOLVED

Follow up to the unrelated reply => here <=

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.