Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have configured every desk phone line's voicemail and main company voicemail to go to a particular extension number 1. I need to get the VXX500s for each extension to get notified if there is a new message at ext 1 voice mailbox and to access it. In teh VXX500 web interface under Lines->Message Center->Callback Contact, Ringcentral normally use *86 to retrieve. So far the best I can do is put "1" in there for ext 1. You then have to press * and PIN on the phone while the ext1 greeting is playing in order to get into the mailbox. Also, new message notifications do not work.

Has anybody any experience or ideas how to get around this limitation? Is there a key sequence/code manual for these phones interacting with the PBX? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello rdk,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

In order for a Phone to receive Voicemail Notifications (MWI) it needs to subscribe to that Extension / Voicemail in question.

You should simply set this up as a seconds shared line on each phone so each phone would receive the MWI.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen! Do you think you could elaborate a little more about your suggestion? RingCentral support so far seem to have no answers for me. They submitted this as a feature request. 

HP Recommended

In case it makes a difference, I don't use a Shared Line service from RC. I route all calls through Auto-Receptionist to ext 1 where I created a Ring Group to call the other phone simultaneously. All extensions have a direct number and separate voicemail which I have turned off.

HP Recommended

Steffan, is this something I can do on my end on the phones or do RC have to implement it? If you give me some direction I'm technical and should be able to figure the rest. Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello rdk,

you will need to work with your SIP provider and they should open a ticket with us.

They usually test interoperability and if something no longer works or has not been tested should be able to help you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.