Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

How does one go about replacing the soft Transfer key with a Blind Transfer on VVX 600 running 4.1.6.4835 software?  I can't move to 5.X as my VVX color expansion module is not supported on that release yet.  I know I can get to Blind Transfer - it is buried in the menus.  I need to make it more prominent.

Thank you.

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hello AlexT-VA,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains how you can customize the phone's GUI to a certain extend. 

In addition ensure to utilize the community's search functionality as this has been discussed in the past => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  The link provided didn't help.  It mostely deals with soft buttons on the home screen when there are no calls in progress. I'd like to see more instructions on how to deal with the screen when phone goes off hook. There are 4 soft buttons "Hold", "End Call", "Transfer", "Confrnc".  3D button is what I'd like to address. 

Looking at Polycom UC software Admin Guide I can see that there is an option call.transfer.blindPreferred in sip-interop.cfg, but this setting does not apply to VVX phones, only SoundPoint IP phones.  With there was something that simple for VVX, manageble via web interface. 

HP Recommended

OK, so I am trying to figure out the solution to this.  As I said, the page gives some guidence, but not enough.  Looking and other posts and manual I've modified features.cfg  in the following way:

<feature.enhancedFeatureKeys feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1">
        softkey.5.action="$FTransfer$$FBlind$"
        softkey.5.enable="1"
        softkey.5.label="BTransfer"
        softkey.5.use.active="1"
</feature.enhancedFeatureKeys>

If I set softkey use as idle (softkey.5.use.idle="1") I do see it show up on the home screen.  But I need access to this soft key when conversation is ongoing and the phone showing the  Hold, End Call, Transfer, Confrnc buttons.  So I set softkey use as active (softkey.5.use.active="1"), but it does not show up next to Hold, End Call, Transfer, Confrnc buttons. 

Digging more in features I found:

<feature.urlDialing feature.urlDialing.enabled="1">
    </feature.urlDialing>

Setting it to "0" allowed me to surface "Blind" button to the "Transfer" screen, so it is no longer in this obscure "more" menu.  Still, though, 2 button presses when there should be only one. 

Also, how do I disable the existing transfer button?  softkey.feature.transfer="0"?

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hello AlexT-VA,

there are simply to many possibilities that could be explained with individual examples in regards of EFK's.

The Admin Guide matching your software version list's all the possible softkey.feature parameters that are available.

There is no such softkey.feature for disabling the transfer softkey.

You simply cannot 100% customize the phone and any changes to the current software design need to be raised via your Polycom reseller and include a Polycom SE in order to create a business case justifying the change.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

OK, made some progress: had better luck by moving the soft button configuration out of the features.cfg in to a config file of their own.  Now, key shows up where it should and all, but the $FBlind$ portion of the action string does not work. Transfer engages, but "blind" button does not get pressed. 

Anyone?

HP Recommended

Steffen,  thanks for the reply!

I can live with two transfer buttons - one for Consultative Trasfer, one for Blind Transfer.  Will train users on both.  I managed to add a button to the correct place in the interface, now I am trying to figure out the way to execute the blind transfer.  The action="$FTransfer$$FBlind$" doesn't seem to work.  I found this particular command (here) by looking around on Polycom forums, so I can't state that it MUST work.  Actually, looking at the admin guide, table 12-11, Key Labels and Internal Functions there appears to be no such function as Blind.  There is Transfer function, but no Blind function others referenced.  Is there any other way I can acheve the functionality?  Other command string that might work?

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hello AlexT-VA,

The FAQ post and the Admin Guide list all possibilities. 

The next step for yourself is to contact your Polycom reseller in order for them to provide you with first level support. They also will be able to contact Polycom support on your behalf.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I purchased all hardware through online retailers.  They will offer no support and defer all questions to manufacturer. 

HP Recommended

Hello AlexT-VA,

this is rather poor from your online retailer.

The next step would be to raise a ticket with Polycom support as outlined in my signature and the support team will provide you with the details of your Level one Support partner.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.