Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just bought a brand new VVX 501 phone from the internet.

I would like to know what's the way to set the volume at the minimum when the phone reboot or restart, every time.
I don't find in the admin guide a command to set it, and it's very annoying (I'm use to use the phone speaker).
The only thing I find in the documents is persist the volume after each call (using "voice.volume.persist") and set it manually to the minimum with the keyboard. Which is not what I want.

I asked my seller but he doesn't care about that, I got no answer at all.
So, can you tell me how ?
Thanks you very much

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @superuser1,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition we do not know which Volume you mean ?

The handset audio volume or the ringtone volume?

1. If handset this is working as designed as shown => here <=
  2. If ringvolume please check this parameter feature.nonVolatileRingerVolume.enabled is enabled

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The software version is the 5.7.1.2205 (the last one).

This is not a software issue, I read the same question here (another version), with no answer :

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/Set-VVX-volume-to-minimum-at-each-reboot/m-p/92241

The question is not with the ring, but the with the other volumes : speaker, handset, headset (and the Speaker and handset are the one I'm interested above all).

And It's seems to be a design choice because of regulation rules as said in that previous post.

Whatever the regulation rules, this is my personal phone, and I want to know how to set the VVX volume to the minimum at each restart/reboot.

It was possible with the old Soundpoint series if I remember correctly.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @superuser1,

this is all outlined and documented.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

What do you mean ?

Please read again my question... As said in the other post :

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/Set-VVX-volume-to-minimum-at-each-reboot/m-p/92241

Polycom knows how to change it, but this feature is not documented.

Why not... I understand it seems possible to know how when providing you the MAC address of the phone. So, in my case... I really want to know how...

HP Recommended

Hello @superuser1,

Yourself and the other poster want this feature but both of you have not raised this as a feature request as outlined in my reply.

Without a feature request and the relevant business case we will not look at this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Question: Will this be implemented in a future Software Version immediately once submitted?

Answer: A possible implementation into a future current or older SIP / UCS Versions needs to be valued against the impact and the feasibility of the proposed change.

Why not... but the feature seems already available ! The only issue is the customer seems to ask Polycom to tell him how to do it.

And when you say :

Question:  How can I raise a Feature Request?

Answer:  An End Customer is unable to raise this directly with Polycom.

So what can I do ? You point me an article which doesn't answer my problem...

My only Polycom communication point is you !

Can you tell me how to do it if I give you the mac adress ?

And the "business case" is very simple :

I want to turn off my phone at night, so when I wake up at the morning I want my VVX to have the volume set to the minimum when the phone starts (so restart or reboot). Being individual in a quiet place I need the phone to be quiet every morning when I turn it on (somebody can sleep near of it).

HP Recommended

Hello @superuser1

I had assume that the above FAQ was clear enough but I added this:

Question: How do I get access to or find this Reseller?

Answer: If your Polycom device was purchased using an Internet discounter please provide either your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so we can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from

I personally doubt that we would add such feature for a single phone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Ok, I send you the mac.

But when you say in the other post :

"We have to adhere to international standards and restrictions so within this public community we do not document this."

I understand that this functionality exists but is only available thru a demand to Polycom services....

No ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.