Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone !

I would like to understand exactly how the provisionning process works, as I am currently having troubles with a few Polycom devices.

This is my configuration :

• For each device, I have created a provi-[PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS].cfg file, with the needed parameters for the device to register properly to the Call Server
  • In the default 000000000000.cfg file, I have set parameter CONFIG_FILE to point to provi-[PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS].cfg

When I plug my device (usually, Polycom IP 7000), it boots properly and I see from the FTP server that the spider downloads the files in the correct order ([PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS].cfg --> 000000000000.cfg --> provi-[PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS].cfg

This is all good.

Now, I have implemented a PHP website with a small API, which allows the user to press a button when the config file has changed.

This sends an SIP OPTION request with parameter "check-sync".

It was working up to now. But it seems that, with the new 4.0.10 firmware, the device does no longer download the config files as expected.

When I hit the button, I see the device starting to download its [PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS].cfg and then 000000000000.cfg.

But NOT the provi-[PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS].cfg

Is that normal?

Maybe I did something wrong with the config files content...

Thanks a lot for your help,

Regards,

Bruno.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Bruno,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I had a quick test of this and am unable to replicate this.

This would need to be looked at by Polycom support so please raise this via your Polycom reseller.

If the reseller is some Internet discounter and is unable or unwilling to do this please provide me with a MAC address of one of the phones and I look this up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have a specific document where it specifies what file is checked by the device when sending a SIP OPTION with the ckeck-sync command?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Bruno,

all files specified within the CONFIG_FILES="" section from the <mac>.cfg file.

It checks the size / checksum and therefore decides if they are changed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.