Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all

I have an issue which I think may be a bug with the VVX series phones

VVX500 - UC Software Version: 4.1.5.3284 BootROM Software Version 5.1.5.3810 (for example)

I have built EFK softkeys which work fine up until I use the softkey.x.precede="0" option.

When this is used no softkey seems to appear!  In the config we have:

reg.1.serverFeatureControl.dnd="%FEATURE_SYNC_DND%" (Broadsoft TAG)

So the first 2 softkeys that show are the New Call and DND buttons.  Once another softkey is added using the precede="0" the softkey does not show.

Also we have in the config reg.1.serverFeatureControl.cf="%FEATURE_SYNC_CF%" (Broadsoft TAG) which also does not show.

obviously I have the feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" so I know thats not the issue - if the precede is set to "1" then the softkey will show on the left of the default keys as it should.

Any feedback would be greatly recieved.

Many thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

The parameters standard value for:

softkey.x.precede

Is actually 0 and therefore ignored by the phone. Only if for example you would use (Softkey 2):

softkey.2.precede="1"

The new Softkey 2 would be presented as explained in the Admin Guide:

If 0, soft key x is positioned in the first empty space from the left. If 1, the soft key is displayed before (to the left of) the first default soft key.

The easiest way checking a configuration issue since UCS 4.0.0 is simply exporting the configuration and comparing with what you believe the phone is loading.

In order for anyone else to verify your configuration please post the relevant part with code tags.

A quick test with basic setting:

eature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"
	reg.1.fwdContact="8500"
	softkey.1.action="$FDivert$$FSelect$$FSoftKey2$"
	softkey.2.action="8500$Tinvite$$Cwaitconnect$$Cpause4$3001$Tdtmf$$Cpause4$0000$Tdtmf$"
	softkey.1.enable="1"
	softkey.2.enable="1"
	softkey.1.label="Test1"
	softkey.2.label="Test2"
	softkey.1.use.idle="1"
	softkey.2.use.idle="1"

If no precede is set:

If precede is set for Softkey 1 only:

softkey.1.precede="1"

If precede is set for Softkey 2 only:

softkey.2.precede="1"

If precede is set for both Softkey's:

softkey.1.precede="1"
softkey.2.precede="1"

I will also add this to the EFK FAQ post => here <=

Above was tested on a VVX600 running UCS 4.1.5 and you may need to work with your Polycom reseller directly to get more support in order to troubleshoot your configuration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have also just tried the precede="1" option and still not showing up....

I have checked on my provisioning server and can see that the files have been rebuilt and that the config is correct.

In the phone log I can see the following:

softkey.x.use.hold requested type 2 but is of type 7

can someone explain what this entry means at all?

HP Recommended

I have tried these settings on a VVX400 and both precede options work fine so could be just an issue in the later models of phones......

HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

The parameters standard value for:

softkey.x.precede

Is actually 0 and therefore ignored by the phone. Only if for example you would use (Softkey 2):

softkey.2.precede="1"

The new Softkey 2 would be presented as explained in the Admin Guide:

If 0, soft key x is positioned in the first empty space from the left. If 1, the soft key is displayed before (to the left of) the first default soft key.

The easiest way checking a configuration issue since UCS 4.0.0 is simply exporting the configuration and comparing with what you believe the phone is loading.

In order for anyone else to verify your configuration please post the relevant part with code tags.

A quick test with basic setting:

eature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"
	reg.1.fwdContact="8500"
	softkey.1.action="$FDivert$$FSelect$$FSoftKey2$"
	softkey.2.action="8500$Tinvite$$Cwaitconnect$$Cpause4$3001$Tdtmf$$Cpause4$0000$Tdtmf$"
	softkey.1.enable="1"
	softkey.2.enable="1"
	softkey.1.label="Test1"
	softkey.2.label="Test2"
	softkey.1.use.idle="1"
	softkey.2.use.idle="1"

If no precede is set:

If precede is set for Softkey 1 only:

softkey.1.precede="1"

If precede is set for Softkey 2 only:

softkey.2.precede="1"

If precede is set for both Softkey's:

softkey.1.precede="1"
softkey.2.precede="1"

I will also add this to the EFK FAQ post => here <=

Above was tested on a VVX600 running UCS 4.1.5 and you may need to work with your Polycom reseller directly to get more support in order to troubleshoot your configuration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Sorry should have made it clearer I know the x is supposed to be a number so in my config the x=1-5 as 5 different softkeys have been configured (not all used at the same time)

I have exported the config and it states the softkey in there however still does not show up on the phone...

I will grab some config to post as well as a picture of the phone itself so that you can see....

Cheers

Dave

HP Recommended

Hi again

ok I found out what the issue was and now it looks like I may have made a doughnut of myself!

The tag for the softkey.5.enable="%SOFTKEY_5_ENABLE%" was slightly wrong!!!

Oh dear! sorry to cause panic I think I may take a bit of time out from all this config work for a bit to refresh my eyes!

Thanks for the reply as always Steffen

Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.