Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Does the VVX have some sort of resource built into it to support three way audio calling or does it require an IP PBX to handle this feature?   Make a call on Line1, Make a call on Line2, press "Join".

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Videobridger,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We encourage users to post in the right section so I have moved the Post to the correct section.

Yes, the VVX can host a internal 3 Party conference with 2 external contacts.

For more details please check the Admin Guide matching your Software Version.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.. so basically for three audio calls, the RFC 1889 built into the phones firmware/software is all that is required correct?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello,

from the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide:

Local / Centralized Conferencing
The phone can conference together the local user with the remote parties of a configurable number of independent calls by using the phone’s local audio processing resources for the audio bridging. There is no dependency on network signaling for local conferences.
All phones support three-party local conferencing. The SoundPoint IP 450, 550, 560, 650, and 670 phones may support four-way local conferencing.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.