Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm hoping for some help and clarification from the community. We are moving into a new building and have committed to Polycom CX300 and CX600 phones along with MS Lync. We have an office area where we'll have users logged into Lync on their Polycom phones but we'll also have a warehouse area and yard that will not have phone users. In order to do paging our Lync provider has contracted a company to install speakers and an audio system in these areas along with SNOM PA1s to bridge the two systems together.

I am getting conflicting responses now whether or not this will work. Our service provider says yes, the contractor says maybe or else we have to page twice (once to the Lync phones then once to the PA1 and out to the warehouse/yard). I'm not convinced at this point that we'll be able to page at all.

Does anyone have experience with this and is able to confirm or assuage my doubts?

So to sum it up, can we page from our CX600 Polycom Lync phone to other users through their Polycom phone speakers as well as to a generic audio receiver (bridged to a SNOM PA1) that goes out to speakers in our warehouse/yard?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello dbau,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Polycom CX phones do not have a built in paging facility as Polycom and other manufacturers produce these optimized for Microsoft® Lync® devices after a reference design and the embedded OS running on the phones is provided, supported and maintained by our partner Microsoft®.

Our VVX phone range supports such page but I am unsure if it is compatible with SNOM's implementation.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply Steffan. So we're already on the wrong track trying to page from the CX600.  So, ignoring the SNOM PA1 for the moment, if we were to get a VVX, will that page through to the CX 600 and CX300 phones we have? 

HP Recommended

Hello dbau,

The Polycom CX phones do not have a built in paging facility so you cannot page to or from a CX Phone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I've recently setup a SNOM PA1 in a CX 600 / VVX environment with no problems at all. You just logon to the SNOM PA1 with a UC username and password via the web interface. I was actually logged into a CX & VVX and SNOM PA1 with  same username and password this worked fine.

To use the paging you call the extension of the SNOM PA1 which auto answers and then further dialouge is broadcast over the speakers connected to the SNOM PA1.

HP Recommended

Robin, how did you set up the snom on the vvx? I have a vvx phone system and a Snom Pa1. I get the IP address of the snom, we have an etra line in the system for a PA but no matter what I do, I can't call or get the Snom to pickup. All it does is speak the IP address...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.