Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When booting the phone from PoE or power while connected to our network, the VVX250 phone will not achieve a connection. The system gives a "DHCP failed" warning when fully booted, and sometimes (not always) the boot process gives the message "Failed to get boot parameters via DHCP". The phone gets NO IP address at all, and even when assigned one on the phone and given a reservation on the DHCP server, there is no network connection on the phone. I'm trying to get it to work with a cloud-based PBX system. Since day 1 of getting this phone, I have had this issue--it's never worked successfully. I've tried the following:

- Using different ethernet cables

- Using different ports on our switches

- Plugging in the phone on my Comcast home network running a basic router, same issue

- Performing a factory reset on the phone

- Returning the phone and receiving a new one from the vendor

Phone Details:

Model: Polycom VVX 250

MAC: 64:16:7f:7e:50:36

Firmware: 5.9.5

I have no clue what is keeping this device off the network. I'm using a 3com 4500G switch with a dedicated voice VLAN as well as a Windows DHCP server. A packet capture on the DHCP server saw no DHCP requests from the phone so I'm led to believe there's some other issue at the switch level but I can't isolate it after a couple weeks of troubleshooting. I'm prepared to try pretty much anything at this point, since I'm attempting to transition from a currently present on-site PBX system to the cloud-based one. I've been in contact with the cloud provider to make sure everything is set up correctly from their end but they're stumped also. Any help would be massively appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry for posting again but I feel like a fool having all this trouble for weeks, posting about it for help, and proceeding to solve it immediately.

I performed these commands on the port I was using on the 3com to remove the voice VLAN mode, untag the port, and change the pvid to my desired VLAN:

[4500G_12-GigabitEthernet1/0/48]undo voice vlan mode auto
[4500G_12-GigabitEthernet1/0/48]undo voice vlan enable
[4500G_12-GigabitEthernet1/0/48]port hybrid vlan 1 to 2 untagged
[4500G_12-GigabitEthernet1/0/48]port hybrid pvid vlan 2

This solved my issue, in case anyone ever has this problem in the future with Polycom devices.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sorry for posting again but I feel like a fool having all this trouble for weeks, posting about it for help, and proceeding to solve it immediately.

I performed these commands on the port I was using on the 3com to remove the voice VLAN mode, untag the port, and change the pvid to my desired VLAN:

[4500G_12-GigabitEthernet1/0/48]undo voice vlan mode auto
[4500G_12-GigabitEthernet1/0/48]undo voice vlan enable
[4500G_12-GigabitEthernet1/0/48]port hybrid vlan 1 to 2 untagged
[4500G_12-GigabitEthernet1/0/48]port hybrid pvid vlan 2

This solved my issue, in case anyone ever has this problem in the future with Polycom devices.

HP Recommended

I am having this exact same issue with a VVX311! How did you send that code to fix the issue? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.